• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Simply6 Simply6: A Fast, Light Universal RPG

Simply6 is a fast, light tabletop roleplaying game for 2 or more players which you can play using just six-sided dice. I put this together over the last couple of days in my spare time (based on something I was playing with in the forums a while back) and have uploaded it to DTRPG. It's only about 20-pages long, and will likely be tweaked and updated after I get some feedback.

Simply6 is a fast, light tabletop roleplaying game for 2 or more players which you can play using just six-sided dice. I put this together over the last couple of days in my spare time (based on something I was playing with in the forums a while back) and have uploaded it to DTRPG. It's only about 20-pages long, and will likely be tweaked and updated after I get some feedback.

282161.jpg

Screenshot 2019-07-08 at 23.01.02.png

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think you'll like v1.5. Simple abilities for when you level up, a new Charge! action, and minor skill tweaks.

I -do- like v1.5 but some more typos snuck in.

Living Statue
Fortitude 5d6 (14) - should be (17)

Minotaur
Athletics 4d6 (17) - should be (14)

Vampire
Magic 3d6 (14) - should be (10)

And Minotaur, Ogre, Orc, Troll, and Tyrannosaur all have negatives in Persuasion, Perception, or Knowledge of -1d6 that should result in 2d6 (7) but are listed as 1d6 (3) instead.

I just noticed the first page. If you are going to explain dice: "If you see something telling you to roll 3d6, then you roll three six-sided dice." You may as well add "and add up the results. So if the three dice read 3, 2, and 5, the result is 10."

I mean, sure we all know that. But we also know what 3d6 means. So if you are going to explain, explain it fully.

I still think Equipment should be before Monsters. But that's just me, perhaps. The Advanced Rule section needs a better name. It also should say, each special ability adds to your character level. It can be inferred from the Monster section so maybe it isn't necessary. YMMV.

Antidote: So, instead of the player rolling 5 or 6 to remove the poison effect, this other character can spend his action automatically removing the poison effect? Is that how it works? (I assume this happens on Phase 4 of combat.)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Antidote: So, instead of the player rolling 5 or 6 to remove the poison effect, this other character can spend his action automatically removing the poison effect? Is that how it works? (I assume this happens on Phase 4 of combat.)

Yup.

Remove ads

Remove ads