• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shadowrun using DnD5 [OOC]

GreenKarl

First Post
No, I was kind of super stingy for a reason :D
Part of it is that you get to ask the Johnson for some extra gear and also because of the Edits later (after you get some cash up front)

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, there's a thing called a Security Kit mentioned in the gear section, but it's not listed under the toolkits. What's that?

GreenKarl

First Post
Where you seeing it? It might be from an older write up that I changed to either a GenLock Kit or MagLock kit (both found under Tools skills)

Shayuri

First Post
It's talking about using it to modify stuff like RFID tags?

RFID Tag: 1¥ each, nil weight. These tiny devices are easily concealed (Investigation 20, Perception DC25) that adhere to most surfaces. They are used to track almost every item produced. They have a broadcast signal strength of 1 (100 yards) and Firewall 18 and are used by manufactures to upload software patches, upgrades, etc. To disable the broadcast feature is illegal and requires a Tools – Security kit check vs. TN 15.

Also, is it intentional that most of the starter guns have the Heavy tag, requiring a Str of 12 or better to use effectively? Even the pistols?

GreenKarl

First Post
Ah ok... I had changed that to the Tag Locator/Eraser but missed that note there. I will edit it out.

I was thinking most of the classes (except Adepts and Magic Users) start with a vehicle. If you want to 'trade' that out I might let you start with something like that.

For weapons, yes its intentional. If you look at the Pistol entry you will see that it says you can use a heavy pistol two-handed and not be at disadvantage with it.

Shayuri

First Post
Trade out my vehicle for what now? I'm not following you.

Ah, I didn't quite grasp what that pistol section was saying then. Okay, thanks for the clarification. Still a little bit annoying, but nothing a talent and some money for cybernetics can't fix. :)

GreenKarl

First Post
Reading it again I noticed that in the Tag Locator/Eraser it also says security kit. So I think I am going to make this a Computer Check instead unless you all think a different skill or tool kit would work??

GreenKarl

First Post
For Trade-Out I was thinking "Man that Tag Locator/Eraser would be nice but too expensive until I trade in my motorcycle for it" :) you would not have a nice ride but you would have a cool piece of tech :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads