• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Shadow of the Dragon Queen AMA

Please, share yours!
don't have to ask me twice...

Sturm: samurai Fighter, Knight of Solamnia
Tanis: Battlemaster Fighter, Custom BG: Observant feat
Caramon: purple dragon knight/bannerette Fighter (or Brute, if UA's allowed), Mercenary Veteran
Raistlin: fiend pact tome pact warlock, Mage of High Sorcery
Goldmoon: life cleric, Tribe member (someone made a good argument for a celestial pact tailsman warlock and I like that too)
Riverwind: Scout Rogue, Outlander
Tika: Thief Rogue, Custom BG: Tavern Brawler feat
Tass: Thief Rogue, Far Traveler
Flint: multi class Barbarian/fighter (bear totem/champion), Clan Crafter

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
don't have to ask me twice...

Sturm: samurai Fighter, Knight of Solamnia
Tanis: Battlemaster Fighter, Custom BG: Observant feat
Caramon: purple dragon knight/bannerette Fighter (or Brute, if UA's allowed), Mercenary Veteran
Raistlin: fiend pact tome pact warlock, Mage of High Sorcery
Goldmoon: life cleric, Tribe member (someone made a good argument for a celestial pact tailsman warlock and I like that too)
Riverwind: Scout Rogue, Outlander
Tika: Thief Rogue, Custom BG: Tavern Brawler feat
Tass: Thief Rogue, Far Traveler
Flint: multi class Barbarian/fighter (bear totem/champion), Clan Crafter

Sturm as samurai, I LOVE it!

Raistlin as a Scribe Wizard, with the ghostly apparition living in the book being Fist?

Goldmoon as a Spirit Bard, since she's a skilled musician, act as an herald, was the spiritual leader of heir tribe and can speak with the spirit of the dead?

some many possibilities!

Sturm as samurai, I LOVE it!

Raistlin as a Scribe Wizard, with the ghostly apparition living in the book being Fist?

Goldmoon as a Spirit Bard, since she's a skilled musician, act as an herald, was the spiritual leader of heir tribe and can speak with the spirit of the dead?

some many possibilities!
I love yours too... I forgot the scibe, did it ever make it into a book?

darjr

I crit!
They're the first listed default method, and virtually always have been. I've never been a part of a group, in 35 years of gaming, that didn't roll as a primary. Anecdotal, yes, but I stand by it.
I don't recall the last time i was in a group that rolled. Or even heard of one. Especially locally. For 5e and 4e and the tail end of 3e.

Most OSR games/gamers it was roll stats.

That's anecdotal too.

I wonder if DNDBeyond has stats, broken out by characters that actually got played.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I know its there, I know its one of the options. I just mean is that what most people still use? I dont, I go by Array.
It's the default as presented in the PHB. I've only ever experienced rolling in D&D, the survey data seems to suggest it's pretty mixed. The OneD&D stuff hasn't suggested any changes to the 2014 norm.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I don't recall the last time i was in a group that rolled. Or even heard of one. Especially locally. For 5e and 4e and the tail end of 3e.

Most OSR games/gamers it was roll stats.

That's anecdotal too.

I wonder if DNDBeyond has stats, broken out by characters that actually got played.
They did, a long while back when Adam was sharing that sort of thing. It's actually about 1/3 each for point buy, array, and "manual entry" which Adam suggested was overwhelmingly people rolling dice and plugging the numbers in. So, I would expect the 2014 approach which is chill with any of those approaches to continue.

I have never seen someone not roll a character in D&D, period. Maybe when we did 4E, but we may have insisted on rolling then, too.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads