• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S.M.A.C.K. OOC/Clutter Thread

buzzard

First Post
Sorry, didn't think of that. I'll edit the post.
Then again with the to hit of the big T, I don't think it matters.

buzzard

Jeph

Explorer
I'll use this thread to tell you what the heck you just fought after the more . . . interesting . . . matches. :)

DM_Matt

First Post
Regarding what reaper said about how long it takes to adjudicate high-level play:

I DMed an L16 live/pbp/irc game this summer and it was hell. Even if everytihng else was precalculated, the rediculous spell combos n stuff kept changing things....I could imagine how every contingency could be precalculated for both the PCs and the baddies, but that would taske forever in preparation and still be subject to change.

In short, unless the characters dont take advantage of their full power potential, high level combat in 3e takes so long to calculate that it detracts quite a lot from the fun.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Ya, Matt - I just couldn't picture the time and effort needed to coordinate something on that high of power-scale.

While this is an extreme example of power-gaming, it certainly re-inforces my opinion that high-level gaming is unbelievable and problematic, if it was a Tabletop game.
You'd HAVE to shift the emphasis to almost completely-roleplay, wouldn't you?

Even at the Against the Storm power level of 9th level, we've seen how strategic combat is a bear to tackle, haven't we?
That's without a discussion of the role-playing impacts of higher level spells (Improved Insibility, Teleport, etc), but don't get me started on that... LOL ;)

From the first round, I can safely say that the Inner Munchkin in me is completely sated (and then some).

I hereby volunteer to take out anything that anyone (particularly Jeph) feels is unbalancing, unfair, not-in-the-spirit-of-the-game, or just "too-powerful".

I really hadn't expected the combo to be THAT powerful. :eek:

I've already taken out the Typhoon Attack and the Bull Charge (replaced with Quickened Turning feats). That Typhoon attack is probably the most absurd thing I can imagine in the combo.

I can't guarantee how fast I'll update it, but I'm curious what anybody would prefer was the first thing(s) gone out of the Mok-Tar character build?
Anybody read all the way thru it?

P.S. I'll post the "final" Munchkin Mok-Tar build when I get the chance.
It removes things like Divine Favor and Divine Power (range is Personal), etc, but adds Domain spells for Karnak (Rage).

Jeremy

Explorer
Hey Reaper, please replace Mok'Tar's +8 to charisma from a double empowered eagle's splendor with a +48 to charisma from a 10x extended, 22x empowered eagle's splendor from Arowain.

Jeph, I have revised my preparation spells and updated it in both the finished characters thread, and the original characters thread.

The major change is the spell Favor of Ilmater from Magic of Faerun which allows the target to become immune to subdual damage, charm effects, compulsions, attacks that function by causing pain, and all effects that would cause him to be dazed, exhausted, fatigued, nauseated, staggered, or stunned.

This allows Arowain to spelldance for up to 16 minutes without becoming fatigued. Of course, his perform check isn't high enough to pull off more than a 6 minute spell dance.... yet. :)

reapersaurus

Explorer
Jeremy said:
Hey Reaper, please replace Mok'Tar's +8 to charisma from a double empowered eagle's splendor with a +48 to charisma from a 10x extended, 22x empowered eagle's splendor from Arowain.
oh, boy - welcome to over 10,000 points of damage in one attack. :)

The funny thing is, one Forcecage and he's outta business.

edit: you'd think there'd be a rule that you could substitute 2,500 points of damage to equal a Disintegrate spell, or something... :D

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads