• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rules for poisons and nastier things

Henry

Autoexreginated
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
The last time I asked this question here, I got no responses. Nada. Zip. :(

Then the last time you asked, I didn't see it. ;)

POISONCRAFT, POISONCRAFT, POISONCRAFT!

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=2718&

Fantastic book, with dozens of new poisons, cooler names for existing poisons, a craft(poison) in-depth treatment, prestige classes, spells, you name it!

And you can't beat the price! :]

It's an Ennie Award-winner, for goodness' sake!

Ghostwind

First Post
Pale Designs: A Poisoner's Handbook is designed for fantasy, but it could easily be utilized for Modern with just a little bit of work, especially the variant poison rules.

Henry

Autoexreginated
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
I'm taking a look now. It's not D20 Modern, unfortunately, but if it comes up with a way of balancing rolling a natural 20 on your skill check, I'll buy it.

True, it's not for modern; however, its rules are close enough as to be interchangeable. Not sure what you mean about "balancing rolling a natural 20"?

Aussiegamer

First Post
I designed a system to allow you to build your own poisons from scratch.

Adding more affects than a loss of hp, or an ability score. Including Mass damage reduction, speed reduction, healing reduction and some more.

Includes a varying treat injury DC as the stronger the poison the harder it would be to treat.

It is not d20modern but is easily adapted or used as is for your game.

I'll post the file here if you are interested. :)

Henry said:
True, it's not for modern; however, its rules are close enough as to be interchangeable. Not sure what you mean about "balancing rolling a natural 20"?

A problem I have with Crafting rules for poison. In D20 Modern, you can craft nerve gas if you can make a DC 40 or so check. If you have a Craft score of +25, you can only do that on a roll of 15+. But if you roll a natural 20, there you're making nerve gas at 10th level or even earlier.

I'd rather use a system like Iron Heroes, where the strength of the poison is determined by things like feats and levels.

As for interchangeable - I wonder. How do they determine save DCs? They're lower in some d20 systems than in others.

Aussiegamer

First Post
That is one of the problems with the repair and craft system for d20m, its a one off check. Thus any one can make the hardest thing 1in20 of the time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads