• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Returned Abeir "Continent"

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
Forgotten Realms: I pulled some maps off the internet and decided to scale Returned Abeir and see how large it was compared to the other continents on Toril. The map of Returned Abeir is approximately 800 miles x 800 miles meaning it is a very small continent and fits nicely in the Trackless Sea between Maztica and the Faerun. If I were to use it then I can put it in the middle of the Amn-Helmport shipping lane which would cause problems with trade. I have attached a map, but if there are copyright issues please take it down.

Attachments

• New Toril.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10,601

Baron Opal

First Post
That can't be right. It's supposed to be as big as Faerun, although not as big as the whole F-Z-K continent.

And, what's that other continent to the east?

Wow, that place is tiny. Also, like the guy above me, what's the unlabeled continent in the east? (I'm not up on my Realmslore.)

Also, I never realised how much unexplored land there was on Toril.

yeah there is, which is another reason some of us found the "return" of Abeir silly as it was uncalled for when ya got that much open land ya can add as much as ya like really.

That can't be right. It's supposed to be as big as Faerun, although not as big as the whole F-Z-K continent.

And, what's that other continent to the east?

I think it's Anchorome.

The southern one is possibly Osse, btw. And note, 'Returned Abeir' replaces Maztice rather than sits alongside it.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
... And note, 'Returned Abeir' replaces Maztice rather than sits alongside it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the 4E FR campaign book said that returned Abeir replaced Maztica and it's environs (Including Anchorome and the southern continent too, I think???)

Urgh. I haven't followed anything about the Realms since 2E days. What's on this 'returned' continent? Personally, one of the things I liked about FR was it's multicultural aspect, which included Maztica...

Henry

Autoexreginated
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the 4E FR campaign book said that returned Abeir replaced Maztica and it's environs (Including Anchorome and the southern continent too, I think???)

That was my recollection, too -- but I don't own the FR Campaign Guide, so my memory might be tricking me from what I read from a friend while borrowing it.

Stormonu

Legend
Well, I just checked the Abeir map, it is about 800 miles across, but I can't remember how far across mainland Toril is (and any listed distance is probably from Waterdeep to Thay). I've got my old FR interactive atlas at home and that map of Toril looks like it is from that set. Campaign Cartographer has a method where you can measure from point to point, so I'll double-check the distances on the map when I get home.

Remove ads