• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Retro-Conversions of the Warlock?

Aus_Snow

First Post
Sounds decidedly heretical. :D Sorry, don't actually haev anything useful to contribute, which is not surprising, as I like neither Warlocks nor Basic D&D et al, very much. :p

So yeah, I'll keep an eye on the thread, because I have a soft spot for heresy. Good luck with it! :)

twistnack

Explorer
I don't think it would be too difficult to do. Take the Warlock class and the appropaite classes from your D&D of choice; then use the later as a template to rewrite the former. The Warlock attacks like a cleric, saves like a magic-user, and has thief HD.

There are some invocations that wouldn't work as well in an earlier version of D&D. Beguiling Influence and the grasp invocations come to mind. Luckily, there aren't many invocations.

I'm not sure how to convert some of the miscianleous class features like Decieve Item. I would just cut them. The class has enough going on with eldrich blast and invocation that it doesn't need much more stuff.

Aries_Omega

Explorer
I am actually trying to retro convert the 4E Warlock into 3.5. I like the idea of different pacts, which is what I am trying to add into 3.5

Remove ads