• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Reported post: James Wyatt on converting characters from 3.5 to 4E(3749850)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Original post:
Morrus said:
James Wyatt's latest blog entry discusses conversion of characters from 3.4 to 4th Edition. Or, more to the point, he says that "You can't really just convert a character directly from 3e to 4e." The post also mentions that the Knight class' abilities were, to an extent, split between the Fighter and Paladin for 4E ("The fighter and the paladin pretty well ganged up on the poor knight and divvied his stuff between them"), and the Swordsage is not, at this stage of design, a concept which is not easy to translate.

in Thread James Wyatt on converting characters from 3.5 to 4E

Reason:
There's a typo in the scoop--you have a double negative in the part about the Swordsage (not a concept...that is not easy to translate). I checked the link, and James Wyatt's original didn't have a double negative. I figured you don't want a reply cluttering the announcement, so I just reported it.

Cheers, and good work on reporting!

Assigned Moderators: (mods who got the Email)
Citizen Kane, Dakhran the Dark, Eternalknight, Frukathka, IronWolf, johnsemlak, Kajamba Lion, KingOfChaos, Krug, Macbeth, Master of the Game, Mithran, Morrus, Muerte, RobMuadib, Salad Shooter, Salad_Shooter, Tim_Duncan, Zenodotus of Ephesus, _Boston_

Remove ads