• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Reported post: Hey everyone! If you're tired of 4e threads cluttering the forum...(33

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
Reported post: Hey everyone! If you're tired of 4e threads cluttering the forum...(3326900)

Original post:
Piratecat said:
...the thing to do is NOT to create more threads bitching about it that clutter the forum even more! I just deleted one, in fact. We're not going to create a 4e sub-forum right now. We expect that such threads will die down after the upcoming D&D Experience, unless 4e is actually announced (which doesn't sound too likely.) When 4e is announced, we'll decide what to do then.

I do, however, invite you to complain about it in this sticky thread for the next few days. Azgulor, that means you! :D

in Thread Hey everyone! If you're tired of 4e threads cluttering the forum...

Reason:
Use of non-EN's grandmother friendly language ("bitching")

Assigned Moderators: (mods who got the Email)
April O'Neil, Creideiki, d6, Darkness, Dinkeldog, Dinkeldog2, el-remmen, Eridanis, Henry, Hypersmurf, Pielorinho, Plane Sailing, Rel, Umbran

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Say what you will about this thread, I enjoyed saying that I'd like to shoot Nightfall in the kneecap.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Games that weren't out for a decade after D&D was created are already on their 4th edition. (Shadowrun, Champions/Hero, Ars Magica) So why is it an awful crime for D&D to develop a new edition over a far greater time than those games?

Henry

Autoexreginated
I just found it freakin' hilarious how many people thought Kevin said, "OK, Nobody talk about 4E anymore!"

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
That was kinda my hope, even though I said the exact opposite! :D

Scott, you saw that Nightfall's been suspended for that thread? You could have done that too! I just beat you to it.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Piratecat said:
That was kinda my hope, even though I said the exact opposite! :D

Scott, you saw that Nightfall's been suspended for that thread? You could have done that too! I just beat you to it.

Well I wanted to get my dig in on him. It would have been poor form to do that AND ban or suspend him. Plus I knew you had already had contact with him on the issue.

Though that brings up a moderation question: In a situation like that where Mod A has had specific e-mails with a poster about behavior and Mod B sees said behavior, should we report the post? Go ahead and ban them? Let the other Mod deal with it?

Yer gonna say, "Use your best judgement" aren't cha? Aren't cha?!

Qualidar

First Post
Reported post: Hey everyone! If you're tired of 4e threads cluttering the forum...(3326900)

Original post:
Piratecat said:
...the thing to do is NOT to create more threads bitching about it that clutter the forum even more! I just deleted one, in fact. We're not going to create a 4e sub-forum right now. We expect that such threads will die down after the upcoming D&D Experience, unless 4e is actually announced (which doesn't sound too likely.) When 4e is announced, we'll decide what to do then.

I do, however, invite you to complain about it in this sticky thread for the next few days. Azgulor, that means you! :D

in Thread Hey everyone! If you're tired of 4e threads cluttering the forum...

Reason:
This guy uses "bitching", and therefore breaks the forum's rules on swearing. I think he should be punished with a taser.

-frank-

Assigned Moderators: (mods who got the Email)
April O'Neil, Creideiki, d6, Darkness, Dinkeldog, Dinkeldog2, el-remmen, Eridanis, Henry, Hypersmurf, Pielorinho, Plane Sailing, Rel, Umbran

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I went out to dinner with Frank and Grodog last night. I'll settle his hash! :D

But Scott, i'm not going to say use your best judgment. If you see that a mod has warned someone else, the right thing to do is to enforce the earlier command.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads