• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruiting] Forgotten Realms of America

Ascending Crane

First Post
Robbert Raets said:
So how does Elminster fit into this? Or the Seven (you've alluded to Storm, but the others)? The Time of Troubles?

Very k3wl. I'll see if I can send you a Char as well tomorrow. Can I be a Harper :) ??

Elminster is the equivalent of a long-lived Albert Einstein - but even more reclusive. Time magazine once offered him a million dollars for an interview, but his response was not exactly polite. He hasn't been seen by the general public for a few years.

The Seven Sisters are equally famous in their respective fields, albeit updated for the modern age of course.

Time of Troubles happened in the early eighties, and there was much despair. Then a security guard, an ex-con, a priest, and a student of magic ended up replacing some of the earth-bound gods. Errr, except for the priest. And the ex-con has become a rather nasty God of evil. :)

The Harpers are a secretive government organization, with ties to Earth First! and other ecologically minded groups. They're known to poke their noses into many events worldwide, and their operatives are usually highly skilled and dangerous. There are websites that try and piece together what is known about them, but information is scant. Which is just the way they want it. The Harpers will be a part of the game, but you can't belong to them in the beginning.

Sixchan - Some of what you state is how I have it written up, actually. But Maztica in the modern age has taken much of Mexico and part of South America.

Sir Osis - no problem, these things happen.

Those who are interested, send me your characters if you haven't already! I know a few people are interested, but if we don't have the slots filled.... :(

Sixchan

First Post
I just thought of something...
Gunpowder doesn't work on Toril, only Smokepowder does. Will Earth weapons work on Toril and visa-versa, or will there be some sort of combination in modern firearms that uses a combination so that they can be fired everywhere?

Ascending Crane

First Post
Sixchan said:
I just thought of something...
Gunpowder doesn't work on Toril, only Smokepowder does. Will Earth weapons work on Toril and visa-versa, or will there be some sort of combination in modern firearms that uses a combination so that they can be fired everywhere?

There is no 'Toril' per se, it's called Earth. Although I can see Elves and possibly the dwarves calling it that.

Guns and gunpower surely exists in this world, just the same as it exists on our world. And oh yes, magic and technology work fine together. Sniper rifles with a permanent silent spell are nasty.

I have 3 players that have submitted characters. I would like at least one more!!

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
I'll play. I post quite a lot, run 3 games (2 more within a week or 2), and play in about a dozen at this point.

Do our characters know each other? I ask for backgrounds and such.

Ascending Crane

First Post
Well thus far I've had quite a few express interest. But of those, only three have sent me characters and three have dropped out.

So, is this the typical state of ENWorld? Or is d20 Modern not that popular? Or is my idea too... unusual?

Would I have more success if I ran a straight D&D game? Straight d20 Modern? Champions?

So odd. Another message board I used to visit had a plethora of players and not enough DM's...

Keia

I aim to misbehave
There are a lot of players. I think the concept is very cool, but there are quite a few low level D20 modern games going on right now. Also, e-mailing characters sometimes troubles people. Maybe if everyone talked concepts first, then e-mailed final characters it might work better.

I really am just giving an opinion since I don't run any games on the boards.

Keia

Ascending Crane said:
Well thus far I've had quite a few express interest. But of those, only three have sent me characters and three have dropped out.

So, is this the typical state of ENWorld? Or is d20 Modern not that popular? Or is my idea too... unusual?

Would I have more success if I ran a straight D&D game? Straight d20 Modern? Champions?

So odd. Another message board I used to visit had a plethora of players and not enough DM's...

It's a wicked cool idea, and i defienately would have played. It's just my schedules all messed right now. It's hard to get enough freetime all at once to type up a good character with a decinent background. I'd say stick with it. It would be a shame to give up on a cool concept just because of a slow start.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads