• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting for Adventure in the Vastermarch

Patlin

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
As for the proposals, my big problem is that I don't have CompPsi yet.

Ah, that is a problem for many of them. This one isn't related to any published book, though, and the discussion here is so detailed you may find the book unneccessary. At RA's urging, I recently posted the first of several PHBII proposals, too, and the first one has all info available online, with a link in the first post.

Manzanita

First Post
I'm going to open the main thread for Eusebius. I will use this thread briefly for the halflings, until the two groups meet (which should be very quickly).

I'll assume Eusebius will pick up Juliana & Boog. If you want, these characters can have some other reason for being interested in traveling up that direction. I don't have any other handy plot hooks, though.

By the way, Poto should be significantly older than Banion. Let's say his mother is Banion's mother's aunt.

Manzanita

First Post
Adventure has started for Eusebius. Go here.

Juliana and Boog stay put for now.

Patlin & Slagmortar, let me know when you're done with your current adventure & I'll get you started in this thread.

SlagMortar

First Post
Someone is going to write up an wrap of Banion and Beamer leaving town, but is busy and has given us leave to join another adventure. I don't think either Banion or Beamer leveled so we should be ready to go.

Manzanita

First Post
The pair of halflings start their long journey north. I suppose you're working on your equipment now. Honestly it is doesn't much matter to me if you buy horses (dogs?) or not. I don't plan on putting any wandering monsters in your way, or charging you for rations. Please do equip yourselves as you see fit; I do need to know if you have mounts & what your final equipment is. Your adventure will start when you reach Rivenblight.

Patlin

Explorer
Since we didn't manage to get paid from that last adventure, there's not a lot of work we can do on our equipment. We're waiting on the final breakdown of the loot, but if it tops 1k gp between the two of us it'll be a pleasant surprise. The only thing we found that seems likely to have any real value is the wand of scorching rays Beamer got, and we don't know how many charges it has left.

Banion has no mount, and I'm pretty sure Beamer's in the same situation.

If money weren't such an issue, I think Banion would be in the marker for Boots of Striding and Springing. Then he'd at least be able to keep up with the big people on foot!

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana is now in full Adamantine plate, so keeping up with her isn't a huge problem for short people in light armor.

Patlin

Explorer
After selling all the loot, Banion is pleased that it's more than he expected... almost a thousand gold! He tucks the coins carefully away in his haversack, figuring to save money for those fancy boots. The wand wound up being most of Beamer's share, though Banion offers him a loan should he wish to purchase anything beyond his current means.

Unless his friend wants to do more shopping, he gets his things together and prepares to move out.

"So, Beamer... let's hit the road. The weather is good, and if we're walking we should take advantage of as much of that as possible!"

Manzanita

First Post
Will the intrepid halflings attempt to go the whole way by themselves on foot, or will they attempt to hire themselves out as caravan guards, or will the attempt some other route?

SlagMortar

First Post
"How far did you say it was again? Why don't we buy some donkeys? They're not expensive and they might be stubborn, but it beats walking all that way. And I'd like to replace one of the scrolls I used."

Beamer will also buy a scroll of shield to replace the one used in the last adventure.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads