• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Record) Your Guide to Enworld

Kahuna Burger

First Post
creamsteak said:
It's not in the 3.5 rulebooks if I recall correctly. I'd rather you just take the 2nd class at your next level...

Next question, has starting gold changed since 3.0, it doesn't seem to be in the SRD....

Pyrex

First Post
Q: How are in-game use of 'Craft' skills going to be handled?

Example: A character with a total modifier of +10 for Craft(Bowmaking) decides to make a Masterwork Composite Longbow by taking 10 for all the Craft checks.

According to the craft rules this takes the character 10 weeks* of game time. How "long" is "10 weeks"?

*DC15 x Result of 20 for the craft check results in 30gp worth of work/week on the bow. DC20 x Result20 results in 40gp worth of work/week for the Masterwork component. 2.5 wks for the bow, 7.5 for the Masterwork.

Edit: Readability

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Living Greyhawk uses a '52 weeks per year' system. Adventuring takes 1-20 weeks depending on how local and how big an adventure is, and so if crafting the item takes 10 weeks, then they have 42 weeks left to 'spend' for the rest of the year. We would start a new year every 4-6 months I think.

Hrm... what would be balancing. I'm going to think on this mechanic as I leave, I have an appointment, and then a class.

Or we could use the Elftime from Birthright, where time is different in all sorts of places. Crafting in a shop may 'seem to take 10 weeks', but the rest of the world has only moved 4 days, etc.

Thels

First Post
Please keep the discussion in here about the FAQ itself, so that later posts can be removed. It makes sense to keep the general discussion down to one thread.

Macbeth

First Post
I am extremely sorry, I am still without internet access in my dorm and the computer lab is a pain to use and usualy very full, so I have not been able to update the FAQ or review characters since earlt sunday. My apologies for the inconvenience, I should have a connection in my room by the end of the day in which case I will immediately start catching up on what i've missed.

ES2

First Post
When a person makes a character, can we just post it into the Rogue's Gallery and then wait approval, or do we have to send it to your email address for approval first, and then it will get posted into the RG?

Macbeth

First Post
ES2 said:
When a person makes a character, can we just post it into the Rogue's Gallery and then wait approval, or do we have to send it to your email address for approval first, and then it will get posted into the RG?

If it is a new character (i.e. you don't just edit a post to add the character) the forums will automaticaly alert me. At that point I'll review it, and it will probably be fine. The only time you need to email me is if you add your character to a previous post by editing.

infax

First Post
Q: How do I become a player?

A: Just post a character in the Living Enworld characters thread of the Rogues Gallery forum, report to the Red dragon inn in the Playing the Game Forum, and begin looking for adventuers and interacting with other players.

It could be nice to edit the links on those so that they point to the appropriate threads in the new forums and no more to enworld.cyberstreet.com.

Remove ads