• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ravenloft Board Game Delayed Again?

Jor-El

First Post
Miniature Market has it for $45 plus shipping.

Buy.com has it for $40 plus shipping, but like Amazon, is showing Sept. 21 for release.

Retreater

Legend
I canceled my order from Amazon and pre-ordered from Buy. I thought Amazon would be faster, but they look like they're going to take just as long as everybody else AND charge full retail. At least from Buy.com I'm saving $25.

Retreater

Castle Ravenloft is available in Germany right now. (Online shop, no Premier store.)

That just looks like normal Amazon shenanigans to me. Their distribution has really suffered in recent years. Especially when it comes to gaming products. It might be other products too, but those seem to be the types of products that I had problems with when I still ordered from them. :erm:

That's my experience as well for Amazon Germany.

malraux

First Post
My approach to amazon is if I want something quickly I'll buy it from a local store. Amazon will get stuff to me eventually, but it'll be cheaper than anyone else. CR was 40 bucks from amazon for me, so I'm not going to get upset at a week or two delay.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Could it be that WotC is releasing it for sale by Premier stores on August 31 and by other retailers later? I know that they do this with their books; perhaps with the board game, too?

That would be an excellent policy imo. Especially since my FLGS prices gaming stuff about 5% over US$ then gives you 10% back when you fill a 'Gamer Green Card' (10 purchases you get the average of the 10 as a store credit good for anything in the store). That brings the price about as close to amazon.ca as I can get and I get all my stuff as soon as I pay for it.

Necronomitron

First Post
I was actually at my FLGS when their shipment came in today, and as far as I know they aren't a Premier store. So I'd guess that today is the street date.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
My approach to amazon is if I want something quickly I'll buy it from a local store. Amazon will get stuff to me eventually, but it'll be cheaper than anyone else. CR was 40 bucks from amazon for me, so I'm not going to get upset at a week or two delay.

This .

I preordered Castle Ravenloft back in June or July and my pre-order price is $40 w/ free shipping. There's no way I'm buying it from my LGS for full price ($65) PLUS TAX.

IronWolf

blank
That just looks like normal Amazon shenanigans to me. Their distribution has really suffered in recent years. Especially when it comes to gaming products. It might be other products too, but those seem to be the types of products that I had problems with when I still ordered from them. :erm:

I agree. If I rarely pre-order something from them that is gaming related if it is actually something I want near what the publisher says the release date should be.

I like Amazon, but their pre-order for gaming stuff just seems too slow a lot of times.

Remove ads