• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rathunt [Knight Otu judging]

Krug

Newshound
Lul brings the group into the run down part of town. From up above, somebody spits upon Borkel but the dwarf avoids the 'missile'. Scowls and frowns greet the four of you; it appears you are not welcome here. A thin looking fellow makes a comment at Tumna, licking his lips. "Come get a real man, milady," he says.

Lul points at a derelict looking hovel. "He stays here," says the guard.

ChefOrc

First Post
Borkel Hardknuckles, dwarven monk

Throughout the way, Borkel makes sure to stay close to Tumna, in a protective fashion. When that thin guy makes improper comments to Tumna, Borkel looks at him with an intimidating stare, flexing the muscles of his rather large arms and bare chest, and tells the guy to just go away.

Later, seeing what Bru's "house" looks like, Borkel is filled with a heavy dose of compassion. He turns to his companions and says.

"I think we should not be too hard on this Bru fellow. He obviously has not had an easy life. Some people are not as lucky as others, you know. If he stole that thing, whatever it was, it could just be to feed his family. I say we act respectfully and try to do the right thing, here."

Gray Shade

First Post
Eddy ignores the locals' jeering and doesn't really mind either way when the thin man makes comments at Tumna, his history making him used to being around such "dregs." He gives a disapproving look at the spitter, though--that's just not good manners.

In front of Bru's hovel, Eddy swishes tight lips back and forth, torn between Borkel's compassionate plea and his own desire to get the loot, and thereby insult Gogsmol. Finally, he sighs loudly and says:

"I think the rightest thing we could do for this fellow is to walk away and let him do what he will with what he's stolen. I'll agree to do that as a favor for you Borkel, but I may not be so inclined next time. At least that Gogsmol bastard won't get it (assuming Bru can pawn it before the human-slug catches him with it). I'll not argue this course of action further, but I'll follow it if it's what we agree upon." He pauses, sure that Tumna's not satisfied. "What say you on this, Tumna?"

Dalamar

Adventurer
Tumna completely ignores the comments and spitting; she's experienced far worse while dwelling with orcs. Looking at Bru's house, Tumna furrows her brow.
"I think we should go in, find out what the package holds, and then decide what we do with it," she says in answer to Eddy's inquiry. She doesn't wait for Borkel to say anything against her plan, but starts pounding at the door.
"Bru sweety, here I come, ready or not!"

If the door opens without forcing it, Tumna enters the building, otherwise she asks one of her manly companions to break it.

Krug

Newshound
Tumna calls out to Bru, but there is no response. Eddy tries to force it open, and the door buckles, slamming into the ground. There's not much in the house; with bare utensils and a guard uniform. The rest of the contents are rather drab. Lul follows behind. The four of you scan the room...

Borkel
[sblock]You spy in the left corner a piece of black cloth, big enough to cover a man, that appears to be 'shivering'.
[/sblock]

ChefOrc

First Post
Borkel Hardknuckles, dwarven monk

Even though he does not agree with how they are handling the situation, Borkel follows his friends, out of loyalty. He peeks in and immediately spots something:

"I see someone hiding under a blanket in that corner. It might be Bru."

Borkel goes straight to the man, thinking that he should make first contact, before Tumna, for Bru's sake. He gently pulls the blanket, saying: "Don't be affraid".

Krug

Newshound
The figure is revealed as Bru. "Y-you've come to k-kill me?" the guard says. He's clutching a pouch close to himself.

Gray Shade

First Post
"Of course not!" Eddy says impatiently, obviously insulted.

"We do, however, want to see what was in the bag you took." Eddy reaches gently for the small sack while saying: "I understand the difficulties of poverty, but if one is going to steal, one should try harder not to get caught." He then plucks the pouch out of Bru's hand and looks inside it.

Remove ads