• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rage feats

Erekose13

Explorer
I agree with Endovior and RA, these two are much cooler. Need a bit more work, but are not as mechanical and thus similar to WotC feats.

I had been pondering how to do it too and I like how we are tying barbarians to animal totems. With the Wolverine feat we tie it even closer. Now what to do with Increased Anger? hmm perhaps just a name change ~ Boar's Savagery.

B4cchus

Explorer
The following porposal has been abandoned.

I've come up with the following feat tree. It has two branches (one con-minded and one str-minded). I also used the mechanic that is used in psionic feat (additional bonus with every feat along the tree). A dex-minded branch can also be added later.

Rage of the Jaguar
Prerequisites: Rage ability
You gain one extra use of your rage ability per day and all your rages last for three rounds longer.

Hide of the Boar
Prerequisites: Rage of the Jaguar, con 13, bab 3
Benefit: Everytime you enter rage, you gain an addition +2 bonus to your con score for the duration of that rage.
You gain one extra use of your rage ability per day and all your rages last for one round longer.

Anger of the Wolf
Prerequisites: Rage of the Jaguar, str 13, bab 3
Benefit: Everytime you enter rage, you gain an addition +2 bonus to your str score for the duration of that rage.
You gain one extra use of your rage ability per day and all your rages last for one round longer.

Heart of the Bear:
Prerequisites: Hide of the Boar, con 15, bab 5
Benefit: Everytime you enter rage, you gain the use of the diehard feat (even if you normally don't qualify for this feat) and Fasthealing 3 for the duration of that rage.

Fury of the Lion
Prerequisites: Anger of the Wolf, str 15, bab 5
Benefit: Everytime you enter rage, you gain the use of the cleave feat (even if you normally don't qualify for this feat) and the pounce ability for the duration of that rage.
If you already have the cleave feat, you gain use of the great cleave feat instead(even if you normally don't qualify for this feat) for the duration of that rage.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
I don't like the feats that increase strength or Con

Fasthealing 3 is pretty powerful for a feat as well.

Pounce as in the monster ability?

Bront

The man with the probe
Also for the Wolverine and Anger feats, I like those, but the Wolverine one should give you a free rage that you must use immediately or loose once per normal rage. After that, you may simply choose to activate your rage imediately.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I don't like the feats that increase strength or Con

Fasthealing 3 is pretty powerful for a feat as well.

Pounce as in the monster ability?
Yeah, Pounce as in the one that lets you make a full attack on the charge, which is again incredibly powerful.

Someone

Adventurer
Bront said:
Also for the Wolverine and Anger feats, I like those, but the Wolverine one should give you a free rage that you must use immediately or loose once per normal rage. After that, you may simply choose to activate your rage imediately.

Really, I wasn´t proposing them: they were used merely to ilustrate a point, not to steal B4cchus thread. Anyone else should propose them if you think they have any merit.

Bront

The man with the probe
Someone said:
Really, I wasn´t proposing them: they were used merely to ilustrate a point, not to steal B4cchus thread. Anyone else should propose them if you think they have any merit.
They were definately cool though. I'm sure B4 can weave them into this somehow if he wanted to :)

B4cchus

Explorer
I see that the proposed feat tree was a little to ambitious so i'll stick to just one feat. Maybe I'll expend a tree down that line later.

Here is the all new and improved proposal:

Fury of the wolverine [General]
Prerequisites: Rage ability
Benefit: Every time you suffer in the same combat damage equal or greater than half of your total hit points you instantly fly into rage.
This effect only takes place if you are currently not sleeping, dying or unconscious or the damage you receieved removes this condition (or all if you suffer from more than one of these conditions).
This does not decrease the number of times you can enter rage per day.
You may try to ignore this effect by making a will save DC 10+ the damage from last attack you recieved.
You do not gain extra benefits if you are already in rage.
Normal: You can only enter rage a number of times equal to you daily used of this ability.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
That seems cool and interesting to me. A bit like the PHII Barbarian variant, actually, but as a feat and not a perma-rage plus the requirement that all the damage come from one combat, I'd say it is almost certainly even better balanced than the PHII one :)

Remove ads