• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick question on multiattack

Aust Diamondew

First Post
Multiattack says it's prerequsites are to have 3 natural weapons.

One of my PCs is a werebear and he says he qualifies for the feat because he has 2 claws and a bite attack. I'm not entirely sure that those count as 3 natural attacks. Who is right?

Thank ya.

kenobi65

First Post
Since each claw is rolled as a separate attack, it sure feels like 3 natural weapons to me. Also, take a look at the Krenshar, which has 2 claws and 1 bite attack, and has the Multiattack feat.

azmodean

First Post
Even better, your PC qualifies for rapidstrike from the draconimocron, which allows a second pair of claw attacks at -5. :)

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
Kemrain said:
What does this rapidstrike feat do, explicitly?

- Kemrain the Interested... and Clawed.
If you have a pair of natural weapons (two claws, for example), then you can make an extra attack with one of them at a -5 penalty. This applies to creatures with multiple limbs too, so if you have two or more natural weapons of the same type, you qualify.

Philip

Explorer
shilsen said:
If you have a pair of natural weapons (two claws, for example), then you can make an extra attack with one of them at a -5 penalty. This applies to creatures with multiple limbs too, so if you have two or more natural weapons of the same type, you qualify.

Cool! I was just considering make a Blue Slaad fighter for or 16th lvl one shot session. The Blue Slaad has 4 primary (claw) attacks and one secondary (bite), one extra attack is always welcome!

saucercrab

Explorer
IIRC, don't Rapidstrike & the improved version require the creature to be a certain Type to select them?

[looks them up]

Yeah, the Drac lists them as only being selectable by aberrations, dragons, elementals, magical beasts or plants. Don't know why plant is their but outsider isn't. :\

Wait, were they revised later?

Last edited:

Remove ads