• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E Project: 1E module>PFRPG. Which one to pick?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
So I'm looking at converting my 3.5 game to PFRPG. As a sample of getting myself ready for the rules I was thinking of converting an existing 1st Edition module that was already converted to 3.x and then to Pathfinder rules. This will help me when my munchkinny power gamer PCs decide to take all the old rules and bring them over a good way to say "This works, this doesn't, lets try that instead."

So folks, which module would you like to see done? I'm going to start with G1 (Against the Giants: Steading of the Hill Giant Chief) and then throw it out there to see what sticks. Folks who know me know of my obsession with this module series :)

Which other one would you like done as I like to float between a few projects and giants have already been done in the Fortress of the Stone Giants module that Paizo put out.

Please no Paladin from Hell or Rod of 7 parts, something under 64page module would be best.

Baby steps folks.

Mournblade94

Adventurer
I used these in my campaign history already, but I Loved A1-4.

I have been toying with converting N1 over to pathfinder to kick off a moonshaes campaign.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
If you're really looking for baby steps, might I suggest Keep on the Borderlands or Return to Keep on the Borderlands? I converted the latter and I think it turned out reasonably well.

There used to be conversions here on EnWorld for the A and G series into 3e. I used both as the starting point for my versions for a campaign I've run. G1 converted pretty well, just for a bit of a higher level than the minimum 8th in 1e. (10-11th was more appropriate once the ELs were calculated)

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
I vote for L1: The Secret of Bone Hill or I3 - I5 (Pharoah, Oasis of the White Palm, The Lost Tomb of Martek).

Old may not necessary mean its better, but it doesn't mean it wasn't darn good to begin with!

TheAuldGrump

First Post
The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh is good, too. A bit of a mystery, which converts over with no real problems, the same can be said for L2 Assassin's Knot. (For Bone Hill I would change the wraith into a ghost, otherwise it is more than a trifle too deadly at the intended levels.)

I would also say that White Plume Mountain is a lot of fun, a straight old fashioned dungeon crawl, but for gods' sake do not get Return to White Plume Mountain!

The Auld Grump

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Doesn't look like one. I've always dug that module. I'll start with White Plume mountan then. I found that PCGen has a wonderful pcgenerator so that will help stating up NPCs using the core rules.

Remove ads