• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Practiced Spellcaster/Manifester feats (sorta)

Bront

The man with the probe
That looks good, though a little harsh on the reqs though. There's a cross class skill there for every class but wizard. I'll adjust it once I think of exactly how, and come up with the psion one :)

Knight Otu

First Post
IcyCool said:
It's also superior to Practiced Spellcaster in that in can increase your Caster Level beyond your HD.
Which is why I made the prerequisites harsher. I notice I forgot the Special line that it can be taken multiple times, each time for a different class.

Rystil Arden

First Post
IcyCool said:
It's also superior to Practiced Spellcaster in that in can increase your Caster Level beyond your HD.
This is something that in principle is nice, since it helps poor LA characters. On the other hand, I actually do not like it for a design reason: LA should be totally invisible in all ways except for how much XP you need to level, and otherwise characters with LA should not be visibly different (the designers originally said this and it makes sense). However, this feat makes them visibly different. Also, if we eventually approve the LA buyoff rule--which would be totally cool!--those who had this feat would actually experience character changes, whereas normally there are no changes to be made.

Erekose13

Explorer
Beyond the LA payoff in UA, this is the first time I've seen something that can overcome the detriment of LA races to at least a small extent. I'll have to think about that one...

oh sure go and have a conversation while I'm typing. :)

I'd rather see LA buyoff than something else that messes with them.

And I'd only vote for Gestalt rules if we got to use RA's classes instead!

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Beyond the LA payoff in UA, this is the first time I've seen something that can overcome the detriment of LA races to at least a small extent. I'll have to think about that one...

oh sure go and have a conversation while I'm typing. :)

I'd rather see LA buyoff than something else that messes with them.

And I'd only vote for Gestalt rules if we got to use RA's classes instead!
If I was a Judge, I'd approve my own classes :cool: We should do a Living Spelljammer and use them :lol:

Erekose13

Explorer
Sorry no can do, we already have an LS (living supers) so the name would conflict, hehe :p. Really though the entire multiverse is in your head. It'd be rather hard for other DMs to get in there and pry out everything. Unless of course you were running every game... :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Sorry no can do, we already have an LS (living supers) so the name would conflict, hehe :p. Really though the entire multiverse is in your head. It'd be rather hard for other DMs to get in there and pry out everything. Unless of course you were running every game... :)
LSp? I think I would explode if I was running every game :uhoh: We already have a mini persistent setting like that, and it's already a lot of work :heh:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads