• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

lukfugl

First Post
Kona'i was a bit apart from the rest of the conversation, mentally reviewing his break of composure during the previous fight. He in parts regretted it, but was unsure if it was the cause of his salvation or a mere coincidence. While pondering such, his eyes were free to dart and be ever vigilant to the party's surroundings...

1d20+6=26

Phoenix8008

First Post
Xir and Kona'i spot a small movement on the wall above the gate. It appears that there is a goblin sentry watching the area between the gate and the tunnel entrance where you stand. With 50' of open space between you and the gate or wall, it seems difficult that you would be able to cross unnoticed. What will you do?

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus, speaking quietly, says, "Well, I have no particular skills in sneaking across open ground, so I'm open to suggestions from the rest of you. Having said that, I may be able to unlock the gate once we get there."

OOC: Open Lock +3

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle's brow wrinkles in thought. "Xir, could you maybe do that thing that you did that one time, where you, you know, go up the wall?" She makes a wriggling gesture with her hand toward the wall and up and over the sentry.

ooc: I have no idea OOC-wise if this would work or not. Just brainstorming.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir ponders a moment intently. I may reach the tower quickly, but I shall surely be seen. I may also attempt to skirt the edges, but I am uncertain about if that will succeed. Any magics would be beneficial, and I do not care to go alone if I have to.

OOC: How is the lighting around the edges (i.e., could we sneak around the edges of the cavern then up the wall)?

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: The lighting is shadier around the edges, but being as it is a goblin atop the wall, it has darkvision and shadier around the edges won't really help hide anything from that.

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc brainstorming]Hmm... presumably the desired outcome of this scene is to prevent the sentry from raising an alarm. That means either making it so he doesn't detect us, or killing him before he can react, or getting him to leave his post, or not going this way at all. Or I suppose we could give up and prepare for a direct assault.

I doubt we can get the whole party past him with stealth; some of us (Periwinkle) aren't that good at it.

Killing him before he can react is a possibility; Xir might be able to wall climb and get the drop on him, especially with a suitable distraction. Does Peladus have a Ghost Sound prepared? Mage hand or prestidigitation could make a distraction in a pinch. Actually, grease would be brilliant here if he has it; getting the goblin to fall off the wall on his own would be awesome. Periwinkle can provide shield of faith, in case Xir gets caught alone, and message for whispered communication.

Getting him to leave his post would probably require a really good diversion. Using ghost sound to make it sound like the sentry on the opposite wall sounded the alarm, maybe. Or setting fire to something on the other side of the camp.

Or... Periwinkle could try to talk him into sneaking out. If she goes out alone, unarmed, with perhaps not too many clothes on, and offers to do anything, anything at all, if he'll bring her out some food...

Problem is, this is really Dair's scene, and we're trying to do it without him. We're gonna have to take some chances.
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Brainstorming]Xir can move 80 in one round using his burst, but have no other action; 40 ft in one move which isn't enough to get there. He can run and hope to get init on the guard, but if he fails, that's a lot of folks potentially warned...[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads