• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Xir tosses his mindblade at a goblin, but misses badly.

-Kona'i unleashes a curse and a wicked hit on the goblin in front of him, bringing it to the ground.

-Dair blinks his eyes in confusion and wonders why he's on the ground. He stands up on weak legs and sees the goblin moving away from him slowly. Remembering suddenly the hit he took from it as he fell unconscious, the halfling sneers as he loads a stone into his sling and sends it zipping down the passage to crack into the head of the retreating goblin. "Knock me down, huh? Right back atcha, ugly!" Dair mumbles weakly at the downed goblin. He's nearly too tired to start searching their bodies and mouths for loot. Nearly...

[sblock=Inits & Status]22- Dair 1/8 hp
21- Peladus 6/6 hp
21- Periwinkle 7/7 hp
14- G1: unconscious after 9 dmg
14- G2: unconscious after 6 dmg
14- G3: unconscious after 8 dmg
14- G4: unconscious after 6 dmg
14- G5: unconscious after 6 dmg
6- Xir 21/21 hp
5- Kona'i 2/10 hp[/sblock]
Dair sling attack at G3 (1d20+8=18, 1d3+1=3)

OOC: Out of initiative count now. Since Halford has dissapeared, I've decided to have Dair go back and stay with The Hunter back in the tunnel so I don't have to NPC him further. If Halford shows back up, Dair can come running back to wherever the party is. I'll scale the fights accordingly and Dair won't receive XP for this fight since I NPC'd him the whole time.

The other 4 of you get 125 XP each for this fight. On the bodies, you find a total of 36 SP, 4 morningstars, 4 light shields, 8 javelins, 4 small leather armors, and 4 matching tattered robes that seem to be some sort of uniform.

I need new initiative rolls for each of you for the next fight please.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir looks at the bodies, frowning. When the loud halfling scuttles off, he sighs. Come, we must go. Be careful.

OOC: MS + HS up ahead as normal. url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1937438/]1d20+3=12[/url]

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle flourishes her wand in Kona'i's direction, tapping him ceremoniously. "Now you be more careful, okay? This thing can only do so much, and I've had to use it a lot on you, mister."

ooc: cures 5. I think I'm down to 7 charges, if I've counted right. Next initiative 12.

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus takes his share of the silver, and chooses the least battered of the morningstars, which he slings at his belt. He considers the javelins, then rejects them as unusable. Looking around, he picks a likely hiding place and starts to pile up the loot there, saying, "Let's stash what we can't carry, so we can pick it up later."

When Dair announces that he's leaving, Peladus looks at him, shrugs and says, "Take care of yourself. We'll let you know when the portal's functioning, if we can."

After that he sets out after Xir. As he walks, he looks for the three crossbow bolts which missed their target, slipping any he finds intact into his quiver.

[sblock=OOC]I still can't log in to IC. :rant: And what's more, I've just had to redo this blasted post! :rant::rant::rant:

Initiative was 22 (can I find the url? Yes: 1d20+2=22)

He found all three crossbow bolts (1=yes, 2=no: 1d2=1, 1d2=1, 1d2=1)[/sblock][sblock=Today’s Spells]Spells per day: 3/2

Cantrips:
Detect Magic
Light
Read Magic

Level 1:
Ray of Enfeeblement x2[/sblock]

Last edited:

lukfugl

First Post
OOC: Sorry, I've been on vacation (still am) but forgot to give the heads up. I'll be back and posting regularly on Wednesday. For now...

Kona'i thanks Periwinkle for the healing and watches Dair trudge off. He assists Peladus in stashing the loot for later, then continues down the corridor with Xir.

[sblock=Rolls]
Next Initiative: 1d20+1=6
Hide: 1d20+1=6
Move Silently: 1d20+1=10

Oh the incompetence...
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Apologies for my absence. My new exercise program every Mon/Wed/Fri morning has taken away my time to post anything on those mornings. So I'm left with Tues/Thurs/and the weekend. This last week or so has just been crazy busy though, so it's taken me till now. Again, my deepest apologies to all of you and I'll try to do better.

The group continues down the tunnel and finds things much quieter without Dair along beside them. No further creatures are encountered before you reach the end of the tunnel a couple hours later. The tunnel opens up into a huge cavern and you see a little way off in the distance what must be the back gate of the monsters domain.

The gate seems to be a large black piece of crystal attached to the walls which are mortared together fragments of rock. Looking at the gouge marks on the cavern walls, you would guess that the original cavern was enlarged and the pieces were then used to build the wall around the compound.

There are torches mounted on either side of the gate and some kind of watchtower on top of the wall above the gate. You see no other monsters at this time, and the wall of the compound meets the wall of the cavern a little ways to either side of you from the tunnel. You are about 50' from the gate and wall.

OOC: I need spot checks for each character.

Boddynock

First Post
"So, I wonder what possessed her community to let Periwinkle wander around on her own? Then again ..."

Caught up in his thoughts, Peladus is oblivious to what's going on around him.

OOC: Spot check 1d20=3

covaithe

Explorer
"...and so then she said, 'Periwinkle, it will be a miracle if you survive to be fifteen,' but I did, so that's a miracle, right? Which is partly why I serve Galatea, but really it's mostly just because whenever I pray to her, I get this wonderful feeling, like I've just finished baking a batch of cinnamon sugar cookies with a splash of rum and I'm just about to take them out of the oven, and the air gets all warm and shimmery and I just know that something really good is about to happen. Which is eating the cookies, of course, when I'm baking, but when I'm praying I don't know what the good thing is, so it's always a surprise, which makes it even better! I love surprises, don't you? Say, did you see something? No? Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. So that's why I think Dair probably went back with the hunter. Because of the cookies, you see."

ooc: spot check 10

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads