• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Dair misses with another sling stone while Peladus readies his crossbow, but Kona'i steps in quickly to attack the creature with a flurry of quarterstaff blows. One of them catches the creature right in the face and it slumps to the ground, defeated.

The tunnel you were following continues on as before, darkness ahead and darkness behind after you have passed.

[sblock=OOC]Everybody gets 120 XP for defeating the choker! After seeing that the last several pages of thread were RPing and negotiating with the Captain in Haven, I'm also awarding 100 XP each for good RPing to everyone. So that's 220 XP total from this post if you wanna link to it on your character sheets in an XP log or whatever. Please roll your initiatives for the next battle we come across.[/sblock]

Last edited:

lukfugl

First Post
[sblock="Next Initiative"]1d20+1=5[/sblock]

Kona'i quickly grabs Xir's body once the choker releases it. Hurriedly checking for signs of life and attempting to staunch the flow of blood the best he can, he calls over to Periwinkle. "Hurry!"

[sblock="Heal check"]1d20+2=18[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus keeps his crossbow at the ready, just in case something else arrives to challenge the party while Perwinkle is administering much-needed first aid to their colleague.

Once it's clear that Xir is all right and the party is on guard again, he'll lower his weapon and start to search the area.

"Do you think there's any chance this monster may have had any baubles stashed nearby?"

OOC: Initiative (1d20+2=21)

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Dair, who is checking the choker's mouth for valuables, and trying to figure out if any of its body parts might be in anyway valuable without much success looks up briefly at the mention of baubles, and shrugs dubiously.

[sblock=Init 22]Init (1d20+5=22) [/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Periwinkle's next initiative: 21. I hope someone is keeping track of the XP totals, since I admit I haven't done it. I'll be happy to go back and find all the awards once someone tells me that P has enough for level 2, but I've lost track of her current total.

Periwinkle scolds Xir gently as she moves to his side. "Never grapple with a tentacle monster, silly. Every schoolgirl knows that. Now hold still, this might sting a bit," She makes to tap him with a flourish of her wand, only realizing at the last moment that she has her morningstar in hand instead. "Oopsie! That would have been messy. Here, this is the one we want." She taps Xir twice with the wand. His wounds close only slightly. She frowns prettily and squints at the want, shaking it vigorously before applying it again.

ooc: cures 6 on the first two, and 4 on the third, for 10 total. Damn my dice these last few days.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir relaxes his psionic blade as the creature collapses, then cooly dusts himself off. He raises a sharp eyebrow at the concerns of Kona'i and Periwinkle, but says nothing, just nodding greatfuly for the healing. Bruises and cuts can are still clear on his flesh, some blood still visible.

OOC: 11/21 hp (just shy of "bloodied"). He could use a potion, but two more wand taps would do it. Init: 6/url]

Phoenix8008

First Post

lukfugl

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
...He raises a sharp eyebrow at the concerns of Kona'i and Periwinkle... OOC: 11/21 hp

Ah, that's good, and going back and reading it now, that appears right. But for some reason I got it in my head that you'd taken another 11 points of damage after you were already at 1hp, and was afraid you might be dead dead. :) Glad I was mistaken...[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: I will post an update by the end of the day, I promise. Sorry I've been slow. Work has me pegged to the wall lately but we are adding two new employees on today to help ease the burden.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Dair finds nothing of value in the creature's mouth or on its body. Peladus however, finds a small pouch tucked in a crack in the wall high up near where the creature was attacking from. Opening the pouch, you find 28 gold pieces of various strange and archaic denominations within.

Continuing down the tunnel, the party resumes watching for any possible snares or traps. After traveling for awhile, Dair actually spots just such a snare. The rope used in it is very old and weak looking. Dair easily manages to disarm the trap. Soon after, he finds another snare trap set up in the same manner. He manages to sneak around to the back where its easier to disarm the mechanism without being threatened by the trap. A little further down, there is yet ANOTHER snare trap. This one looks a little trickier though.

Need a Search and Disable Device check from Dair.
[sblock=OOC]XP so far this adventure
Xir, Dair, and Periwinkle = 441 XP
Kona'i = 408 XP
Peladus = 220 XP[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads