• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=WarlockLord]Hmmmm...Never heard of anything like that before myself. And actually filing them down would be something I would imagine taking too long to do inside of combat. You could file them down outside of combat, or have special blunt tipped ones made, but for in this fight the only way I see it working is to just snap the head or at least the tip of the head off. Obviously, this would make it a little unstable in flight. So I'm thinking if we go this route, you get the -4 penalty for an improvised weapon, but your bludgeoning damage would bypass their DR. How's that sound?[/sblock]

WarlockLord

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Very well. I got the idea from Raymond Feist's book Magician, where they shoot a guy with a blunt-tipped arrow to stun him. What action is this?
[/sblock]

Abdul snaps the tip off of a crossbow bolt and loads it into his weapon.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Round 9 Summary
-Stuck in a stalemate, the second skeleton swings again but is blocked easily by Xir’s shield.
-Xir, a frown indicating his exasperation, finally uses the momentum of his shield to bash at the skeleton between him and Elthic. The blow crushes much of the creature’s ribcage, but its spine is still intact holding the creature up and together. *Hits for 4 damage
-Abdul snaps the tip off of a crossbow bolt and loads it into his weapon. Lifting the crossbow to sight down it, he pulls the trigger and lets fly
but the bolt goes high above all the combatants heads.
-Eleria grabs the spear from the ground and uses it as a improvised quarterstaff against the skeletons, keeping them at bay with the length of the spear and hopefully gaining flanking in the process. She is still groggy, though, and her attack is poor.
-The third skeleton slices its blade at Elthic again, but the dwarf is too fast and avoids the blow.
-Elthic swings one more time with his crowbar, and then slips on one of the bones underneath his feet spoiling his attack. "I hate these things! I hate them!" He then curses loudly, spittle flying from his mouth.

Round 10- Order of battle and conditions
-Skeleton 2: Turning towards the revived Eleria, the skeletons dark eye holes stare at her as it swings the scimitar coated in her own blood towards her again. The mighty slash is dodged this time though by the nimble elf.
-Skeleton 1: Destroyed.
-Xir (AC: 19, HP:4/12) -2 Str, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Abdul (AC:12, HP:5/5) -2 Dex, >Used 3/4 CLW potion so far
-Eleria (AC: 15, HP: 6/7) -1 Dex, >Used 2/4 CLW potion so far
-Skeleton 3: 4 damage, waiting to take action
-Elthic (AC:15, HP: 6/9), >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far

[sblock=WarlockLord]Had to add another -4 penalty for firing into melee since Abdul doesn’t have Precise Shot feat. Sorry. So that was +3 to hit with crossbow, -1 due to Dex, -4 Improvised, and -4 Firing into melee. So you knew since I made the attack roll for you.[/sblock]
[sblock=D.E.M.]Go ahead and add the +2 for flanking to your next attacks along with the -4 for an Improvised weapon.[/sblock]

Attachments

• DD-Basement.JPG
    DD-Basement.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 68

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Knowing that Xir is much more adept at blocking. Eleria makes another useless attack=7 at the skeleton two before stepping backwards (C1).

Unfortunately, she has no success with the improvised weapon.

OOC: I, too, curse that infernal program!

Remove ads