• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pc Gen Problem/Please Help

GWolf

First Post
In PcGen ever time I try to make a monster and export it, it always freezes up. Note I am trying to export it to WOTC Statblock.
(I am using 2.5.1 btw, and 2.5.0 had the same problem)

3 examples.

1. I tired making the stats for light warhorses and exporting them. I filled out abilities, aligmnet and name. Nothing Happened, my pcgen froze/.

2. I tried to make up some Zombies quick. I jsut rolled stats picked alignment and Named them. Exported and Froze.

3. I tried makign a Raptor(deinnychos sp?) Sorrcer. I had name and descrip all typed. align picked, abilities rolled inventory set, spells picked and still nothing.

Please help me :(

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
your best bet is to download one of the later builds that is taking place during the week. These are bugs that have been sort of worked out by now you can get the autobuilds here:

rpg.plambert.net/pcgen

furthermore, make sure you have JRE 1.4.0 or 1.3.2 uninstall any beta java runtime enviornment files.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
you must download the:

PCGEN build X.zip and the lst-x.zip those have the 2 items you would need to install with pcgen.

GWolf

First Post

I downloaded and put to the pcgen dir, tried and still nothing. Do I need to install a special way, or actavate somehow?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
ok here it is:

1. download said zip files
2. Unzip the pcgen.zip files into a NEW dir ( i use c:\)
3. Now unzip the lst.zip file into the dir that you unziped the pcgen files to (mine is c:\pcgen).
4. Run the pcgen.jar file

These zips are all experimental releases of the coders work at evaluating and testing new things. 99% of the updated code goes into new releases so these builds are stable enough to work with.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads