• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[pbp] Recruitment for SMACK: Seriously Munchkinistic Acts of Casual Killing!

Jeph

Explorer
This game will be an exercise in powerplay and munchkinism.

If you have not read the Sultans of Smack thread (or at least part of it) in the Rules forum, go read it. Because if you haven't, everyone else's character will be dealing 200 damage a round, and yours won't.

This is my first time running a PBP game, so please count to 10 before jumping on my mistakes. But please, jump on them, as there is no other way that I'll learn.

I am looking for 4 characters. Everyone who submits a character must prove that their character can do more than 200 damage or 30 points of ability damage in a single round, gain an AC of at least 65, an attack bonus of at least +55, or do something along that order of magnitude, preferably more than once per day (that means the Extra Smiting feat!). I'll allow almost any sourcebooks, including the Psionics Handbook, OA, FRCS, KoK Player's Guide, the WotC and Quint splatbooks, Seafarer's Handbook, Spells and Spellcraft (I and II), Relics and Rituals (I and II), don't be afraid of making completely cheap characters: if you don't, you'll DIE!

Characters will start at level 16 with 260,000 GP worth of equipment, with no limit on GP for a single item. If you want a 260,000 gp greatsword, go for it. ECL races will be allowed, but only up to +4 ECL. Characters will buy ability scores with 50 Point Buy, not including the 4 ability upgrades from level.

This game will be almost complete hack and slash with almost no vestige of a plot. The point is to be as munchkinish as you can, constructing characters that no sane GM would allow. Because, as we all well know, I'm not exactly sane. :D Feel free to use stuff strate from the Sultans of Smack thread, but it would be nice for you to come up with your own smacks. Remember that the GM will be using these smacks to, so whach your tail!

I'll take the first 8 submissions, and then choose the 4 cheapest, most overpowered, heavy-damage characters to play. Each player will pick a color to post the IC bits of their posts in.

So, submit the smacks!

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
Oh, you ROCK!

You just posted what I've been dreaming about for so long! LOL

I'd love to flesh out my Shield-Smackdown to level 16, using the Singh Rager to get Haste AND Pounce, so all the attacks get the Charge bonus. :D

Or flesh out the Strength Smackdown (Mighty Contender of Kord), and use it for damage potential, instead of just STR alone.

Which interests you more?

garyh

First Post
I'm interested. However, I don't know that I have 200 damage per round in me. I'll probably just follow along and oogle the carnage when the game starts.

buzzard

First Post
Count me in. I will cook up a properly disgusting archer. Those are my specialty. Is the Monte Cook ranger an option?

buzzard

Last edited:

buzzard

First Post
OK here's my munchkin

Oliver King :M Human Ranger (Monte Cook's)4 Fighter4 Deepwood Sniper8;Size:M; hp 106; Init +12; SpdWalk 30'ft.; AC 25; Atk = +16/+11/+6/+1 melee, +16/+11/+6/+1 ranged;SA:Concealment Reduction 10pct (2),Consistent Aim 1/day (2),Favored Enemy(Undead),Keen Arrows,Magic Weapon,Projectile Improved Critical +1 (2),Range Increment +80ft,Safe poison use,Take Aim +2 (2); AL:TN; SV Fort +10, Ref +11, +4; Str20, Dex 26, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 10. Height 0' 0",weight 0 lbs
Skills and Feats:Balance +27, Climb +18, Hide +52, Jump +11, Knoledge Monster Lore 6, Listen +10, Move Silently +37, Search +12, Spot +10, Tumble +16, Use Rope +9, Wilderness Lore +10, Know the Secrets (Undead) ,Know the Secrets (Constructs) ,Dodge,Far Shot,Improved Critical (Longbow (Composite)),Improved Initiative,Mobility,Point Blank Shot,Precise Shot,Rapid Shot,Weapon Focus (Longbow (Composite)),Weapon Specialization (Longbow (Composite))
Possessions 1 Bracers of Archery; 1 Outfit (Traveler's); 1 Boots of Elvenkind; 1 Longbow +3 (+5 Mighty/Composite/Speed); Magic Quiver - casts extended greater magic weapon 1/day at 15th level, Chain Shirt +1 (Fortification (Heavy)/Mithral/Shadow), tiger claw arrows (from Kalamar's PHB), ring of prot +3, ring of chameleon power, amulet of natural armor

The damage in one round is fairly sick.
With the bow you have (within 30')
+36 +36 +31 + 26 +21 crit range is 15-20/x4 damage:1d8+ 16
with rapid shot this is:
+34 +34 +34 +31 +24 +19 at 1d8+16 15-20/x4

max damage in a round is:
576 (though certainly unlikely since this assumes max on all damage rolls and crits on every shot).

Average damage is 246 for rapid shot. It is just 225 without it. Also the 225 can be sustained for 10 rounds (when he runs out of arrows). At this point, with normal tiger claw arrows damage drops to 165/round. In the annoying event that he faces a critter that is critical immune, he does 123 if they all hit (average). The Know the Secrets feats allow him to crit undead and constructs.

Is that sick eoungh?

buzzard

Janos Audron

Explorer
The Idea: Massive damage.
The Character: Wizard.
The Spell: Horrid Wilting.
The Requirements: a cohort with a cohort, Red Wizard, able to cast 8 level spells.
How it works: The cohorts and me use Circle Magic. They transfer (being a 15th and a 14th level wizard respectively), say, 200 spell levels to me. I use this to up my caster level to 40. 176 spell levels left. I then use 12 of those levels to cast Empowered, Empowered, Empowered, Empowered, Empowered, Empowered, Horrid Wilting. That's 25d8 * 4. Average damage is 100 * 4.5 = 450 (800 damage max, just to be better than the previous poster ;)), or 50 * 4.5 = 225 on a successful save. Enough spell levels left for Empowered, Empowered, Empowered, Empowered, Empowered, Empowered, Empowered, Cones of Cold, Fireballs, Ball Lightnings, Firebrands... You get the idea.

Add to this a nice DC (40), a lot more spells (and thus flexibility) and you know why you should watch out for mages...:)

Last edited:

Jeph

Explorer
Buzzard: Monty Ranger is fine. Hell, almost anything is. you know, that archer reminds me of the Rgr1/Sohei1/Ftr4/Weapon Master 10 I made: utilized twf, itwf, and Flurry (from Ki Frenzy) to get like 7 attacks. The sick thing was, it had a crit of 16-20/x5, when using the Increased Multiplier ability. :cool:

Garyh: I'm sure that you can think up some incredibly cheap min/maxed supersmacker. ;) They're actually not all that hard; and becides, if you're having trouble, the Sultans of Smack thread is a great resource.

Reapersaurus: heh heh heh. Melvos the 2-shielded monster would be awesome in this game. Superhigh AC, superhigh Atk, superhigh damage. He's perfect.

Janos: Looks good, but keeping your cohorts alive will be a big issue. a BIG issue :)D ). They'd better watch their backs . . .

Because of the nature of the game Dispell and Antimagic Fields will be pretty commonplace. So will enemies who know exactly how your smacks work do to "extensive divination magic." So watch out, and don't feel hurt if I play dirty: this is a powergaming munchkinfest, afterall. :cool:

I'm glad to see that people are making their own smacks and not just lifting them from SoS. But that's fine too; I haven't read the entire thread, and probably won't notice if you c/p anyway. The source of the smack really doesn't matter, just the smack it's self.

But everyone remember this: if you're character loses the intitiative, it is likely that you're going to be dead before you get a chance to act. It is looking like most of the characters will have less than 200 damage reduction (lol). So, Improved Initiative is a must have (that, or haste-and-quickened-teleportation for jumpin-jumpout tactics).

Just a note: when the game actually begins, please post not only what your character does, but the effects of what they do (exp. when using magic items / spells). There will be tooooooo many special abilities active for me to keep track of them all, so you might want to include a conditions summery at the beginning of each post, too.

Janos Audron

Explorer
You think I'd take two perfectly goods cohorts with me on an adventure? They can stay at home, memorize spells 2/day (so that I can cast even more Empowered spells) and make sure I get raised when I die...:p

Jeph

Explorer
Teleport-fireball-teleport works as well on them as you, me matey! Or, as the case may be, teleport-horrid wilting-teleport! :p

Jonas, could you post your fully statted character for review (and your cohort and cohort's cohort)?

reapersaurus

Explorer
Cool - I was thinking of maybe making the Shield-Singh-Rager a female, for that feline-attack goodness.
What's a Wemic's stats and ECL?

I thought of a name for the game: SMACK - Seriously Munchkin And Completely Killer

I'm sold on the first 2 words of the acronym - if anyone can improve on the last 3, go right on ahead.

edit: Ooh! Can we use Four Color to Fantasy? (the CHA-boost from Increased Mental Ability increases my Shield Smackdown smack by quite a bit.) :D

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads