• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PbP] New PbP DM seeks players for upcoming game!

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
No Halflings...or Orcs, sorry I didn't want to rip off old J.R.R. There are the Rasarena, a Rat-Folk, they are better than Halflings anyways. :p

MerakSpielman

First Post
Ok... Things are going well. Characters rollin' in and all that.
Remember to email your Enworld user ID with your character. So far I have three characters: From Guilt Puppy, Jemal, and a chap named John Appleby. Are you John, User Name?

What am I most concerned about? I'm not sure I really understand the question... But I don't want this to turn into a monty-haul power campaign like I accidently let happen the last time I ran this campaign. It was my first time DMing 3rd edition... Ah, what a tale of woe. I want power to be something you earn, dammit, not something handed to you on a platter.

If it matters to any of you (since we have a potential long time between posts it might not) I live in the US, Mountain Time. I post sometimes from work (looks like I gotta smuggle in my dice...) and sometimes from home in the mornings and evenings. So honestly, you never can predict when my next post will be. I will post over the weekend, but more inconsistantly 'cause I do have a family to spend time with.

Keep the characters coming!

-M

MerakSpielman

First Post
Oh, and thanks for all the compliments on my short campaign background! Rest assured, there is more information, but it will come up in-game as characters use Knowledge skills or Bardic Knowledge (yes, I actually use bard abilities IMC).
This is also the world my short stories and (the first few chapters) of my novel are set in. Someday I'll finish that novel. I've heavily adapted this world to D&D, so if you ever read it, you won't recognize anything but the place names.
I didn't bore you with my detailed calander or the phase chart of the two moons... :)

Last edited:

MerakSpielman

First Post
ok, I've gotten a character from Imerak. That makes four. Demand seems to be down. If a horde of characters (er, like several?) is not forthcoming, I will simply accept the first six.

And why not? I'll set a deadline. Have your characters to me by Sunday morning if you're interested. I'll choose the players and start the campaign Sunday evening. If you can't post on the weekend, well then, you've still got today to send somebody in!

MerakSpielman

First Post
Ok, deadlines up. I didn't get as many submissions as I would have liked, so there's no fun competition going on. These are the people from whom I have recieved characters:

Guilt Puppy, playing Oren L'Zar

Jemal, playing Michelle Cho

Uriel_fire_of_Heaven, playing Norynth Abercrombie

Imerak, playing Foran Aomi Relsir

User Name, playing Eesau Clarince

Did I miss anybody? That's five, which is enough. Wait, where's GaryH? He wanted in, and there's a slot left.

Did you send me a character, Gary? I am not above losing email...

MerakSpielman

First Post
Well, if Gary shows up, he's welcome. I will start a new thread tonight to initiate the game, and send each of you an email with a bit of setup for your character. The game will begin in earnest when your characters finish introducing themselves to each other!

See you tonight,

-Merak

garyh

First Post
Sorry, Merak - for some reason I thought the deadline was Sunday. I'm still in if you'll have me, but I'm about to head off to a live game :eek: and won't be able to send in a PC till this evening.

Remove ads