• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E Pathfinder+Conan 2e...

Sylrae

First Post
I've just come across Conan 2e. It looks very well thought out, and seems to be a really good Sword and Sorcery style d20 game.

However I have most of the Pathfinder books. and Pathfinder has alot of great options. I consider it more fun than 3.x, but I'm really enjoying the low magic deadliness of Conan, as well.

At the moment, I'm more smitten by the Conan system than by the Conan Setting.

So I'm looking for ways to use the two together. I want to try to use Monsters from Pathfinder, and potentially figure out how to adapt Archetypes.

Alternately, use conan rules with Pathfinder as the Base. I'm not picky either way, but I like the whole "no magic items, low money, little magic, but lots of cool combat stuff" as something different that conan brings to the table.

I want to do combat maneuvers, skill points, favored classes, and feat progressions in the Pathfinder style. I want to use the armor and weapon mechanics from Conan (along with Dodge and Parry). I like the lack of alignments, I'm liking reputation and corruption, and several of the other unique mechanics from conan. And they all seem fairly easy to port over.

Feats are likewise fairly easy to port over in either direction.

I suppose the hard part is combining the classes from both. I'd like some advice on that.

Additionally, the Conan Bestiary doesn't list Challenge Ratings at all, so I'm trying to figure out where to fit in Pathfinder Monsters to use them.

Is it just the typical compensating for no magic gear that I come across alot, or are the Conan Characters a little more durable without counting gear?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads