• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo fail to deliver in Europe

hammer of ulric

First Post
I've just receioved this from Paizo's President, Johnny L Wilson.

It proves beyond any doubt that Wizards dropped the ball big time when they sold the mag publishing arm. First we lose TSR UK, then RPGA UK, and now we can't even get the magazine reliably unless we pay through the nose for an overseas subscription.

I cannot describe how I feel right now.

We have no possible way of sending magazines to anyone in Europe. We are frantically trying to get the information so we can refund your money.

Johanny L. Wilson, President

Paizo Publishing, LLC

Publisher of Dragon, Dungeon/Polyhedron and Star Wars Insider

"Dimitto magicum!"

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Looks to me like the Byzantine EU legal structure is getting in the way. If they would just get on the free market bandwagon none of this would be happening. :)

hammer of ulric

First Post
Johnny L Wilson is lying about privacy laws

I know something about the Data Protection Act from a professional point of view.

That is not what is preventing Paizo distributing in Europe, it is a lack of will on the part of the three companies to resolve the issue which has resulted in Euro subscribers being dumped.

Johnny denied it was a money issue, but at the end of the day, Paizo aren't big enough to handle international operations. Many companies manage to distribute across Europe from the US. Paizo can't.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
d20Dwarf said:
Looks to me like the Byzantine EU legal structure is getting in the way. If they would just get on the free market bandwagon none of this would be happening. :)

I personaly wish that the US would implement European data security laws. Right now there is nothing stoping anyone from selling any data about you to anyone else. I like my privacy.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Well the government is more worried about companies that sell that info than you or me. Privacy is going the way of the Dodo here...after all you may be a terrorist. :(

I better shut up before I start ranting...:D

Zappo

Explorer
I don't buy dragon or dungeon, but I can say that this looks like someone who changed his delivery methods and didn't plan them properly. Europe privacy law may be complex but that's why companies have lawyers.

DDK

Banned
Banned
Re: Johnny L Wilson is lying about privacy laws

hammer of ulric said:
I know something about the Data Protection Act from a professional point of view.

That is not what is preventing Paizo distributing in Europe, it is a lack of will on the part of the three companies to resolve the issue which has resulted in Euro subscribers being dumped.

Johnny denied it was a money issue, but at the end of the day, Paizo aren't big enough to handle international operations. Many companies manage to distribute across Europe from the US. Paizo can't.
Is this defamation or libel?

No, wait... slander! Right?

Last edited:

whatever the reason, i hope dragon finds a way to make it up their european customers. everyone makes mistakes and i think we all expect them ocassionally, but its all in how a company handles those mistakes that makes a good business.

joe b.

Remove ads