• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OUT OF THE ABYSS Cover Art!

Were you hoping to see the cover of the upcoming adventure, Out of the Abyss, which is coming later this year from Green Ronin and WotC as part of the Rage of Demons storyline? Of course you were! Well, here it is, in all its demonic, abyssal, Demogorgon glory.

Were you hoping to see the cover of the upcoming adventure, Out of the Abyss, which is coming later this year from Green Ronin and WotC as part of the Rage of Demons storyline? Of course you were! Well, here it is, in all its demonic, abyssal, Demogorgon glory.

outoftheabyss.jpg

Looks good, but I wish they had kept the mandrill heads. The facial stripes looked cool and would have added a dash of color to the cover.

Fun fact - mandrills and drills were recently removed from the baboon genus and placed into their own new one!

TRDG

Explorer
So this is the next "thing" after Elemental, I can deal with 2 good campaign path books after the first two "duds" in my humble opinion. Nice to see this info before GENCON to!!:)

Tom

Zaran

Adventurer
Darn. I was hoping the cover would feature a two-headed drow elf dual wielding tentacle rods named Drizzdemoclavdra.

They could take a page from DC comics and do this! Drizz't, the Superman of the Realms, gets cursed and becomes evil and it takes the entire multiverse (including filler 14 levels of PC action) to delay Drizz't long enough for his sheer awesomeness to overcome the curse and win the day!

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
All this hullabaloo over the new announcement and cover have got me thinking...and while demons aplenty have played their part, several succubi and night hags, Grazzt showed up a couple of times running through the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth...and I know I used Orcus for something long long time ago...

I don't recall...I don't think I've ever actually pit Demogorgon against a group before...either as actually face-to-face bruhaha or as a mastermind/behind the scenes guy. (DG never struck me as the plotting/scheming kind. More the "I step on you and suck your soul out from between my gnarly toes" kind.)

Yeah. In 30+ years. [Asmodeus either, but we're not talking devils here.] So, cool! B) I'll look forward to the release and potentially using him, finally, in a run of a 5e game...eventually...when I can finally get one going.

Superchunk77

Adventurer
Paizo's Savage Tide adventure path in Dungeon magazine had Demogorgon as the final boss if you're at all interested. It was actually a really good adventure path on the Isle of Dread. We played through the first 7 or 8 adventures and had an awesome time.

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
Looks good, but I wish they had kept the mandrill heads. The facial stripes looked cool and would have added a dash of color to the cover.

Fun fact - mandrills and drills were recently removed from the baboon genus and placed into their own new one!

Well, we can't see Demogorogon from the back, so no telling how much mandrill remains. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads