• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] LOTR DVD 2-disc set available for pre-order!

Sodalis

First Post
just wondering who will buy the two disc set?

The 4-disc set is coming out in Nov. and it has both the theatrical and extended versions.

So for all you Die-Hard fans- will you buy only this one, only the 4-disc, or both?

And I really think it sukks that they would do somethign like this to boost sales...

Wolfspider

Explorer
And I really think it sukks that they would do somethign like this to boost sales...

Why? What's wrong with making money? I'm sure there will be some people who don't want the more expensive 4 DVD set. If someone buys both, that's the customer's doing, not the company's.

Scarogoth

What do other people have?
Self loathing...

I shall probably hate myself for doing it, but I can't see me holding out until November, when I know perfectly well there's already a version I could be holding, stroking, watching, and pampering.

Yes, they're clever, cynical, marketing wizards -- but we all know what they're doing, it's just that we don't care enough not to play along!! And personally, having already paid to see it in the cinema several times, the first DVD set is only equivalent to doing that three times anyway, and I can guarantee that I shall watch it more often than that in the interim. And besides, the extras will be different, the additional footage a more interesting comparison once I know the whole film backwards, and it was that good, I don't mind them having the money.

The biggest incentive of all though, is that the two of them will take up even more space on the shelf...

Dunx. :D

Sodalis said:
just wondering who will buy the two disc set?

The 4-disc set is coming out in Nov. and it has both the theatrical and extended versions.

Acutally, that's not true.

You want the theatrical release? Buy the August DVD. You want the extended version? Buy the November DVD. The two DVD releases are different movies. You can only get the theatrical release by getting the August DVD. You can only get the extended version by getting the November DVD.

This is what New Line said last month. Has something changed?

durath

First Post
put me in the "getting both" column.

How could one survive knowing they didn't have every spec of FOTR goodness sitting in thier house?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads