• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Buffy - Spoilers within

Angelsboi

First Post
Well all i can say is good job Joss. Granted the opening made it predictable but he made up for it.

Everything seems to be falling into place. The real world is deffinately the big key here. The doctor was right.

"You used to battle fantastic monsters and now you face 3 ordinary students you went to high school with. No monsters, no gods. Just three pathetic kids."

And we find out that Buffy was in a institution shortly after we see her in Becoming Part I.

"Last summer when you had a moment of awakening, it was them who pulled who pulled you back."

Well now we know Buffy wasnt in heavan but the Real World. The ending was phenominal as we dont know what is real and what isnt. But if we believe that this was to determine who is going to die this season, i think its pointing to Buffy. For good this time.

Crothian

First Post
But without really anything from previous episodes to support this I feel cheated. Sure, when she came back from "heaven" they could say that was the real world, but her description of it doesn't really fit. I think that is was a great episode, but I also would expect Josh to lead up to such a big revelation if the hospital world is the real world.

Wolfspider

Explorer
I doubt that this episode will lead anywhere. I don't think Joss would invalidate the whole show by "Bobby Ewing" it away.

However, I do think it's an interesting idea. It certainly fits. I like especially how they were able to tie her death and resurrection into the psychoanalysis. Cool. :D

Crothian

First Post
Angelsboi said:

And we find out that Buffy was in a institution shortly after we see her in Becoming Part I.

Actually, she was in the institution before coming to Sunnydale.

I really liked the rationilizing by the doctor of her delusions and it was an interesting commentary of season six.

Kamard

First Post
I thought it was silly and pretentious. But then I always think that episodes of shows where they pretend/decide that "the whole series was fake and the main character(s) is crazy" are pretty weak.

Jamdin

Explorer
I liked this episode but I didn't think the asylum was heaven. I lean more towards an alternate dimension instead.

Is it me or has Xander gained some weight?

Zerovoid

First Post
I was all set up to rip this episode to shreds. I saw the previews for this episode last week and groaned. This has been done before, alot. Regardless, this was the first good episode in a while. Something felt different in the first few minutes. Somehow the interactions between the characters seemed alot better this time, and seeing Spike and Xander talk was very interesting. Much better than Xander just snuggling with Anya all the time. Buffy's life really has been crappy this year, so I can definatley see her wanting to return to an alternate reality. In fact, I was almost surprised that she came back to herself by the episode. I thought Spike was going to have to save the gang this time. This is definately the best episode since Wrecked.

Ycore Rixle

First Post
I think this episode was written by someone named Diego Gutierrez. Granted I don't follow the show as closely as many, but I would bet that if they were going to introduce a major worldshift, they'd get someone like Marti Noxon, Jane Espenson, David Fury or Joss himself to write it.

Actually, I don't like how the characters are not acting intelligently this season. Willow wants to give Buffy the antidote but then leaves the room with just a casual message to Spike to make sure Buffy drinks it? Seemed contrived and out of character to me. I loved how the characters were intelligent through the first three seasons, more or less in the fifth, and somewhat in the fourth.

And I love Buffy, but I still think that every superhero movie, TV show, novel, or comic book wherein a hero suffers great pains because of his powers should give a credit line to Stan Lee. At least until people start acknowledging his huge influence on late 20th century literature.

Crothian

First Post
THis show does a lot of things that have been done before, countless times by movies and other shows. BtVS just tries to do it differently. That's why I like the show and never pre-judge it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads