• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OT) Buffy Germany, Finale

Berandor

lunatic
WoW!

I can't remember when a TV series had me moved to tears, nearly.

That was a cool episode, to boot.

For those of you who are years ahead, today Buffy sacrificed herself in her sister's place, fighting Glory.

Not only did Spike become a great character in the series, but even Anja is getting more and more fleshed out.

When Giles killed Glory, when Anja saved Zander and not herself, and when Willow showed yet another high-level-spell!

And then Buffy tossed that demon aside, saved Dawn, and jumped off!

Great! I can't await how it continues.

Now to see how Angel escapes the parallel dimension. :)

Berandor

Crothian

First Post
The end of the fifth season was very good. The next season is very interesting. Here in the states I think we are 75% through the sixth season. The Angel finally for tthird season was also very good. I really like the character Fred. :D

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
**Please, no Buffy-haters. If you don't like the show, fine - go read something else. Bitch not here.**

The Season-ender for #5 was a doozy. And I think they did (and I am assuming that you know Buffy is coming back, in one form or another) a great job of handling her return.

You'll be in for a lot of really neat and really heartbreaking stuff in Season Six. Season Three of Angel is pretty cool, too!

Ashtal

The Allamistako

First Post
Okay, no more bitching. BUT...

I visited a course that my g/f has to take (she's stuying biology), on "the developement of the human species", and you wouln't BELIEVE what we found out...

The skull of the actor who plays Angel looks JSUT LIKE the skull of a Neanderthal man...

*Sniker*

-Alla

murlynd

First Post
I myself am a huge fan of the show, but this season has been a little slow in my opinion. Before you light the torches and grab the pitch-forks, let me explain.

This has been one of those "filler" seasons, where we take care of all the lose stuff that is laying around in the series. While I love the "super-geeks", there is no nemesis for Buffy and the gang to deal with.

And I am sorry, but this series is turning into the X-files really quickly. No one can win, there are no happy endings, no little victories for anyone, it is depressing. I am a fan of working over the heroes of the series, it shows their character, but this is getting ridiculous. How bad can these people have it? Will they ever get a clean win without someone getting mind-fried, maimed, or dead?

At least Angel is moving forward.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Brian:p

Vocenoctum

First Post
Eh, I didn't like the Buffy Jump Into Portal thing. The connection ("The monks gave you the form of a Summers, so we have the same blood") was just too silly for me.

As well, through this season, I've come to dislike Dawn even more. The whole God thing of last season wasn't that great either. Willow's spell casting has quickly gotten too powerful for my tastes, overshadowing not only the other's in the group, but even the Slayer.

I still like the show somewhat, but it took a big downhill turn for me during the Initiative part, and hasn't recovered.

MythandLore

First Post
murlynd said:
Am I the only one who feels this way?
No, I haven't liked most of the this season, fifth season was awesome though.
Even the reruns of older seasons are pretty good.
There is something messed up with the writers this year.

Angel is pretty good still, well... we'll see, I wonder how they are going to handle next weeks episode.

Angelsboi

First Post
i KNOW someone didnt bash David Boreanaz!!

I went to a conference with a lady here in Atlanta about the culture of Buffy and such. She explained a lot about this season that makes a lot of sense.

And yes ... She saved the world ... Alot

Berandor

lunatic
So Fred remians, huh? I'm speaking of Angel, of course.

In hope they don't ditch Wesley for her.

I liked in this finale how Wesley knowingly sent rebels to the death... but the best episodes were halfway through, when Bad Angel came through, leaving those lawyers to death and so on...

And, it's not the title, it's the clothes that make you a princess :) (Speaking of Cordelia)

As to Buffy:
I thought the blood connection was pretty neat, though I didn't take it literally, but I thought of it more in a spiritual way. Dawn was family, the same blood run through their veins, figuratively. And their love for each other, their bond, was strong enough to count regarding the ritual.

I think Willow had to become powerful, so as to bring Buffy back later on.
Also, it helped to establish how much more powerful Glory was compared to Buffy, as tghe latter didn't have a chance until the final confrontation (tm). So I took it not only as character development, but also as necessary for the story somehow - and I'm a sucker for mighty spellweaving as opposed to the wielding of rubber hammers :)

Berandor

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads