• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

'Origin' of Your User Name

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Used to design wargames ~20 years ago; one campaign I made for Panzer General 2, "The Great Patriotic War" depicting the Soviet side using Russian, Polish, Romanian, and other sources, was recently added to a browser game from somebody in Czechia.

On the forums, I decided to call myself "dragoner" because it sounded cool, my great grandfather was a captain of dragoons in the old Austro-Hungarian Empire, and it means "dragoon" in German.

Ulfgeir

Hero
My username is from when I was a member of a mediaeval club and needed a name for my persona. Ulfgeir is of old Nordic origin, and can best be translated as Wolfspear.

So ended up using that on a number of forums. On Discord (and the global name on City of Heroes) I use Red Gazelle. That was based on a character I played in Mutants & Masterminds 2e.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
My username is an inside joke of sorts which arose as a result of linguistic tomfoolery amongst my comrades. The name "Abeir-Toril" was consistently pronounced as both ABE-er-TOR-ill and A-beer-TOR-ill, to the great annoyance of the DM, the group, and everyone. While this argument raged online and in person, I jokingly uttered something that sounded like ABBER-TOR-ill. The letter AE was chosen, and the name stuck.

So, it's AE-burr-TOR-ill.

sgtnasty

Explorer
They could not pronounce my name in the Army, so I was always known as "nasty" regardless of rank. It stuck, and my older brother had the same name in the Air Force.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
There's either another thread about this here or on another message board I've visited - because I'm sure I've answered this before but I don't seem to be in this thread.
Anyway, my real name is Bill and my last name starts with D. And since that's a reeeeeeeeeeeel common combination in lots of places and I was tired of having to come up with unique names everywhere, I appended a number meaningful to me (graduated from college in 1991) and that was less likely to be duplicated.

Remove ads