Pathfinder 2E [OOC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Pathfinder 2 Playtest Adventure. (Closed)

Skill modifier = ability modifier + proficiency modifier +
circumstance bonus + conditional bonus + item bonus +
circumstance penalty + conditional penalty +
item penalty + untyped penalties

Just found out the important part of this, pg 292. Multiple item, circumstance, and conditions bonuses do no stack. You only take the best one of each. The penalties do not stack either you have at most one circumstance bonus and one circumstance penalty, one condition bonus and one condition penalty, and one item bonus and one item penalty. That's interesting.

Radaceus

Adventurer
So, just perused the playtest rulebook...and beforehand I had no compulsion to play PF2, reading this has me intrigued. I also enjoy playtesting/ creating characters, and the idea of playing a new concept each stage. :)

I'll see if I can catch up and throw an alternate into the mix should you go with two groups.

Welcome H4H and Radaceus. GenCon is messing with interest as I know there are probably folks who post around here often who haven't reacted to this thread. I think running a second group is highly likely so do make characters. Two groups will make it easier to balance the parties with proper diversity. And it will eleviate the first come, first served, but slow to make a character issue.

Currently there's a human and a dwarf, a wizard and a fighter.

tglassy

Adventurer
Going with a Half Elven Imperial Sorcerer. Actually, I'm torn between Aberrant, Draconic or Imperial Sorcerers. Aberrant goes so well with the background, and I like the Occult spell list, but I'm not a fan of the free spells listed for that bloodline. I'm leaning Imperial, but Draconic is always a good choice. We'll see.

Remove ads