• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Academy of Drell

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
The first page of a new PbP game is always the hardest. We don't know each other that well, we aren't really sure about the game world... but these problems should go away after a few pages, once we learn each other's roleplaying styles and preferences.

Tokiwong

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
The first page of a new PbP game is always the hardest. We don't know each other that well, we aren't really sure about the game world... but these problems should go away after a few pages, once we learn each other's roleplaying styles and preferences.

I have to agree but they slowly fall into place over time...

evileeyore

Mrrrph
evileeyore said:
Hey, if you guys want I can put the characters on my site (that way if the boards die a horid death -agian- they'ld be online saved) if you'll want... It would give me a good reason to continue learning html...

hmmm, seem to need to repeat this as everyone missed it first time around. So does anyone like this idea, or is it generally hated?

TheBakaSite

Last edited:

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Sorry about that extraaaaa loooooong post. Sometimes I go a little nuts with writting... That was three pages in MSWord...

Wow I just reread it, and found thing I hadn't realized I'd written (and a million grammar and writting errors...). If I could whip out with gems like these all the time I'd try to turn pro:

where the body leads I shall go…

"I was drinking something almost as dangerous as myself."

He bolts down the corridor arms and ferret akimbo.

Somehow in my post html learning, 3-5 am writting spree, I tapped some inner creative writting ability I haven't seen since high school (like 10 years ago...)... I hope I can hang on to it.

TTFN

Zhure

First Post
I like the idea of all the characters being on one page, and in one easy to read format.

see this for an example: http://www.rigaming.com/kotsq/iconics.htm

That'd save me time while I was writing posts.

I plan on doing this myself but haven't had the time to do it yet. If anyone wants to volunteer, that'd be great.

Greg

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Well it won't be quite as pretty as Dr. Midnight's page (atleast not for awhile), but I can do it... and it gives me a reason to do so...

Zhure

First Post
stuff

Dalamar said:
OoC: Can we research our own powers? I have an idea for one. [/B]

Yes. Email me with details or post them if you don't want to keep it secret. Costs are the same as per the DMG costs for spell research, just cross out where it says spell and write "pizza oven." Erm, I mean "power."

Before you begin the research process, you should tell me what the intent and level and so forth of the power is, then we'll come to an agreement of what level it will wind up being. If we can't come to an agreement, your character wastes no time or money.

perivas said:
(OOC: Or is it a quarter system at the Academy?) [/B]

It's a quarter, although they use the terms "semester," "quarter," and "session" interchangeably. Each "session" is about two months long, with a one month intermission, four such sessions per year.

Notes on the schooling at Drell:

The class system isn't structured at all. Instructors give lectures. Students show up, or don't. If no one shows, the instructor doesn't give a lecture. (Or demonstration, or class, dependent on the subject matter.) Instructors are appointed by the Empire and have tenure. They only lose tenure if they do something to offend the Empire.

Drell has no grading system and no tests, no finals. Everyone there is assumed to be there to learn something. Accredited students receive diplomas or awards from the different instructors. "Accredited by Serbanas, Weaponmaster of Drell" would be an example. Anyone bearing such an authentic certificate could find work as a weaponmaster or arms instructor practically anywhere in the Empire.

Does the system make sense? I'd be happy to answer any questions.

New NPCs
Start a log of new characters you introduce into the chronicle and put it into the characters section (http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11381). You don't have to generate details, just list what you've listed in the main thread. That way we can have a consistent reference point.

Do not make any "headmaster" characters without checking with me first. There are a number of prepared NPCs and some of them have "unique" bents and aspects crucial to the plot.

Thanks. :)

Greg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads