• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

On Harpers and other Orginizations in the Realms

SPECTRE666

Adventurer
-Richard Baker is at it again. Rehabing the Harpers!!! Also mentions the Genasi!!!

Richard Baker said:
Welcome, Elaurin! Don't remember seeing you here before.

Will we still have evil organizations other than the Netherese? Absolutely. Some have changed a lot in 100 years, but you'll still have Red Wizards, Zhents, the Cult of the Dragon, and quite a few others to play with.

Likewise, you'll have some good organizations too. I'm sort of hoping we can successfully "rehabilitate" the Harpers this time around. I think Cloak & Dagger and several novels at the end of 2e really threw them off-course, and I'd like to hope that 100 years is enough time for the organization to get its feet under it again and be the sort of thing many players aspire for their characters to join.

And yeah, genasi are still around. We've got some good stuff planned for 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaurin
Hi Rich,

One of my favorite things in the Realms was the number of evil organizations that could oppose the PCs (and be subtle about it), like the Red Wizards and Cult of the Dragon. It appears that the Netherese will be the more overarching villains but will we still have these types of organizations around? We'll still have some good ones like the Harpers as well, correct?

Also, another one of my favorites are the genasi. Will they still be around? (I expect that you can't answer this one yet but vague generalities are welcome).

Thanks.

Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

Last edited:

I'm glad Rich Baker feels, as I did, that the Harpers had kind of "jumped the shark". I mean, I loved the Harpers back in very early 2E. All my favourite 2E characters were Bards who were members of the Harpers (just to be clear), but oy vey...

So I hope they get back to their roots, frankly. Kind of nice to hear that they're still around. I hope they keep the "interefering" down and the "spying" up. Always nice to have secret struggles with the Zhentarim and so on, though.

Also Genasi yay!

Irda Ranger

First Post
Richard Baker said:
Some have changed a lot in 100 years, but you'll still have Red Wizards, Zhents, the Cult of the Dragon, and quite a few others to play with.
Woot. I hope the FRCS reflects that.

Given the "evil-curious" classes and races available, I expect there will be a lot of moral ambiguity in the Realms. I also hope they consciously think of the "roles" things from an organizational point of view. We need Brutes, Soldiers, Scholars, Merchants, etc. Fill in the grid!

Richard Baker said:
And yeah, genasi are still around. We've got some good stuff planned for 'em.
Double-woot! I hope they're the ones getting the full race write-up.

mhensley

First Post
Ruin Explorer said:
I'm glad Rich Baker feels, as I did, that the Harpers had kind of "jumped the shark". I mean, I loved the Harpers back in very early 2E. All my favourite 2E characters were Bards who were members of the Harpers (just to be clear), but oy vey...

For people like me who haven't read the novels, why do you think the Harpers went overboard? Of course, I've never really liked them but I hate bards in general. :mad:

Remove ads