• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Old Appearances in Dragon's Forum!

Scylla

First Post
I landed in Forum three times, the second two times led to a debate of sorts and the rise of a term "TSR rules thugs." Those were the days!

Janx

Hero
I had a letter posted in the letters column once (the only one I sent in, via email actually).

It was in the pre-3e ramp up, I had written about how all the negative letters were of the exact same nature of the pre-2e letters to Dragon.

I'd also note, that an internet forum for discussing D&D has long existed.

I got onto rec.arts.games.frp.dnd right when I got to college in '92.

TheAuldGrump was a regular there as well. I recognized his name when I started lurking here in the pre-3e era.

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
At first Plane Sailing I thought you meant that the Scud vs. Alicya topic would make for a good thread here. Though I think we have moved on from Fighters vs. Cavaliers to Fighters vs. Crusaders or something like that.

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
I never was in the Forum, but I once wrote to Sage Advice when I was first learning AD&D. Skip Williams used it in the April Fool's issue, since it was such a "dumb question." :eek:

It was about monster lairs, if anyone wants to look for it . . .

Richards

Legend
I had a letter published in D-Mail, praising the author of "Ecology of the Bag of Holding" - Kevin Haw - for taking on such a challenge in the first place, and as his first "Ecology" article at that. I thought he did very well.

Johnathan

Remove ads