• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OGL 1.1 live chat with a lawyer at Roll for Crit.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
They bring up a good point, if WotC asked Kickstarter to take down an OGL 1.0 license product, would they?
If WotC made a copyright claim on it, I suspect they would. If it was an OGL product but didn't actually use the SRD or anything else, then things might get trickier.
Which is why this will inevitably end up in court. There’s too much money on the line. Either WotC relents, not likely, or they C&D dozens or hundreds of game companies and distributors, and of course get sued by any number of people.

It’s a pure own-goal fustercluck.

Which is why this will inevitably end up in court. There’s too much money on the line. Either WotC relents, not likely, or they C&D dozens or hundreds of game companies and distributors, and of course get sued by any number of people.

It’s a pure own-goal fustercluck.

Oh I think WotC will relent, I think OGL 1.1 is already dead, it was supposed to be released today & wasn't so it was on shaky legs already and this leak and the ENORMEOUS backlash was the finishing move that killed OGL 1.1.

Even with refusing to move forward with OGL 1.1, which I believe they won't now, this did so much damage to WotC's reputation that somebody's going to get deep crap for this.

Retreater

Legend
Oh I think WotC will relent, I think OGL 1.1 is already dead, it was supposed to be released today & wasn't so it was on shaky legs already and this leak and the ENORMEOUS backlash was the finishing move that killed OGL 1.1.

Even with refusing to move forward with OGL 1.1, which I believe they won't now, this did so much damage to WotC's reputation that somebody's going to get deep crap for this.
I agree. I think OGL 1.1 is dead. OneD&D might also be dead with this leak.
Seriously, I think the fanbase has turned against WotC so quickly and extremely that I think this is going to tumble stock prices. I think people might lose their jobs.
They might seriously backtrack the whole project.

I agree. I think OGL 1.1 is dead. OneD&D might also be dead with this leak.
Seriously, I think the fanbase has turned against WotC so quickly and extremely that I think this is going to tumble stock prices. I think people might lose their jobs.
They might seriously backtrack the whole project.
do you think the few of us here represent the fan base over all?

I bet more then 3/4 of people have not heard of this yet and of them half of them wouldn't care.

Remove ads