• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Official D&D In Decline. Source Hasbro.

The video is reading the report.
The video: It has a large cartoon font. It has a dramatic image. It has a title that is misleading and 'shocking'. That is pretty much every indication of clickbait. Maybe it's not click bait, but it certainly appears to be.

Then take your OP. The thread title is attention grabbing (ok, not a problem). Your intro before the video is a very descriptive 4 words (sarcasm). Your TLDW stated D&D is down, but not by how much. Which implies that along with the Video card one could imply that D&D has lost $1b dollars in 3 months. Besides, if it's just reading the report, why not just link to the report rather than feed some channel?

I would appreciate it if when you post things that appear to be clickbait, that you spend more effort to explain why we should watch it. You certainly don't have to, but I would certainly appreciate more substantive engagement and discussion than what you provided in the OP. Thanks for considering my request.

Zardnaar

Legend
The video: It has a large cartoon font. It has a dramatic image. It has a title that is misleading and 'shocking'. That is pretty much every indication of clickbait. Maybe it's not click bait, but it certainly appears to be.

Then take your OP. The thread title is attention grabbing (ok, not a problem). Your intro before the video is a very descriptive 4 words (sarcasm). Your TLDW stated D&D is down, but not by how much. Which implies that along with the Video card one could imply that D&D has lost $1b dollars in 3 months. Besides, if it's just reading the report, why not just link to the report rather than feed some channel?

I would appreciate it if when you post things that appear to be clickbait, that you spend more effort to explain why we should watch it. You certainly don't have to, but I would certainly appreciate more substantive engagement and discussion than what you provided in the OP. Thanks for considering my request.

First 4 words aren't being sarcastic.
Video basically said its to be expected with new edition announced.

I find financial reports boring and didn't know where to find it.

Video also covers the write down.

It's not a good year but wouldn't run around screaming Doom and gloom. I've been fairly consistent tgat eventually 5E will plateau and the cycle will start again.

This is my 6th cycle I think.

First 4 words aren't being sarcastic.
Video basically said its to be expected with new edition announced.

I find financial reports boring and didn't know where to find it.

Video also covers the write down.

It's not a good year but wouldn't run around screaming Doom and gloom. I've been fairly consistent tgat eventually 5E will plateau and the cycle will start again.

This is my 6th cycle I think.
I understand. I appreciate the intent. But as requested, please consider giving us more information/justification before posting what you apparently know will appear to be clickbait.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Looks like I've already blocked whatever YouTube channel it was that created that embedded video. Let me guess: giant cartoony text with exclaimation points, a big red arrow, and an unrelated thumbnail image?
Two and a half right out of four.

No arrow, as noted; text is relatively giant and I guess cartoony (I would call it more comic-book-like, the kind of text I'd expect to say "POW! ZING!"), only a single exclamation point (hence the half-right), and the thumbnail image is unrelated (for some inscrutable reason, Doctor Evil making a "I dunno?" kind of reaction.)

Overall, it might not technically be "clickbait" (I usually associate that with outright falsehoods, fakes, pure speculation, etc.), but it's definitely clickbait in spirit: sensationalized, meme-ified, designed to push shock value and "that can't possibly be true" reactions in the viewer.

Zardnaar

Legend
So you created a thread about financials... and then state that you find financial reports boring and didn't research the data behind what you're posting...

They had the report onscreen I read the relevant text. They weren't making things up.

Another poster linked it directly in the first few replies consume whatever version you prefer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads