• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E OAR #7

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
I have no emotional connection to the original (never knew it existed until recently, even though I've been playing D&D since the mid-80s), so it won't be high priority for me... I might get it, though, if I see it at a good price and my finances permit it.

EDIT: But I too would have preferred more classic TSR material.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I wonder how the relationship has evolved between Goodman's Games and WotC. The first OAR book was actually listed as a D&D product on WotC's site, but the others books were not.

This one is not part of the license agreement with WotC and probably Goodman can have more autonomy with the release; maybe there will be an electronic version, which is - IMO - sorely missed for the other OAR books.

I wonder how the relationship has evolved between Goodman's Games and WotC. The first OAR book was actually listed as a D&D product on WotC's site, but the others books were not.

This one is not part of the license agreement with WotC and probably Goodman can have more autonomy with the release; maybe there will be an electronic version, which is - IMO - sorely missed for the other OAR books.
I suspect this offers Goodman more opportunities such as digital release, crowd funding and more profit. But I also think there is a limited amount of material, though this being one, that offer the sales volume of some of the official classics.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I suspect this offers Goodman more opportunities such as digital release, crowd funding and more profit. But I also think there is a limited amount of material, though this being one, that offer the sales volume of some of the official classics.
Yes, I forgot to mention crowdfunding.

Remove ads