• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Version Released

malakai6276

First Post
I am happy to announce that I have found some time to update my NPC Equipment Generator to version 2.13. Several minor bugs were fixed (resizing in particular) and, more importantly, I have added a new feature. You can now adjust the prevalence of magic items and wealth for your NPC according to your individual campaign setting. Many people asked me to do this... so i did. So, for all those folks out there who run low-magic campaigns... check it out. It's available for download from the NPCEQ website...

http://prfdb.umd.edu/games/npceq

Let me know what you think.

chow for now, Jonathan

poilbrun

Explorer
Great new addition! Thanks for the equipment generator, I find it very useful for on-the-fly NPC (in conjuction with Jamis' NPC Generator).
Just a quick question: is there a way to speed it up? I know it's Java and is thus slow, but if there's a way, please let me know!

malakai6276

First Post
SPEED IT UP

No.. not really. I suppose if you removed all the extra data sources then it would speed it up a bit, but for the most part the algorithm under the hood is working as hard as i know how to make it work. It simply uses a trial and error approach and, if it fails to find a suitable eq list for an NPC it tries again.. and again.. and again. So.. some class combinations or variations in the settings might require the software to try and try again alot more times than if you were simply trying to get a standard Ftr1 NPC.

chow for now.. Jonathan.

XCorvis

First Post
Instead of generating an entire list, can't you have it check each item individually? If an item is rejected, just randomly select another in its place. It should (on average) be much quicker than re-selecting the entire list, but I don't know how you wrote your code so it may not be feasable.

Remove ads