• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild!

Wander into the magical realm of the Feywild with our latest Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild! Your character can be a member of one of the new D&D races: fairy, hobgoblin of the Feywild, owlfolk, or rabbitfolk. Which will you choose? Playtest now: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthedarcana/folk_feywild

Wander into the magical realm of the Feywild with our latest Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild!

Your character can be a member of one of the new D&D races: fairy, hobgoblin of the Feywild, owlfolk, or rabbitfolk. Which will you choose?

Playtest now:

45029A1A-E1B6-4BBD-93DB-33A363112735.jpeg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Hmm... The names seem awfully generic and there isn't much lore on each race. I'm going out on a limb they are placeholder info for some rules and the real lore if being hidden to not give away the project...

Anyone know enough about MTG lore to see if these line up with any creature types? Lorwyn perhaps?

I could be wrong, but this feels a little like the centaur minotaur UA or the School of Invention/Circle of Spores UA...

I feel that you might be on to something here. This doesn't feel like Kaldheim or Innistrad.

Strixhaven is the upcoming Magic: the Gathering Set, which is set in a Magic University (nothing like Hogwarts, perish the thought) that has five Houses each founded by an Elder Dragon, and has Owl people and some other Fey things going on. This could fit both the Draconic Subclasses and the Fey lineages. We don't know to much about it, but there are Humanoid Owl people, for sure, and Dragons.

Geoff Thirlwell

Adventurer
I’m never going to be convinced about the ancestry rules but as long as they give some archetypical stats increases for each race as an option I’ll live with it.
The rabbit hop is the only thing in the game that isn’t measured in increments of 5ft so playing on a grid is going to be awkward

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Is the term 'boggart' in use anywhere else in this edition?
That's a term that has a history in Magic: the Gathering.

1615507034572.png

1615507077172.png

1615507119101.png

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads