• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Prestige Class: Cheese-eatin' Surrender Monkey

kiznit

Explorer
...okay, no. Not really.

Any ideas for funny, silly prestige classes out there? Things that you'd never play (except possibly in the most silliest campaigns) but are hilarious to read?

Just curious.

Crothian

First Post
I don't think it was ever made but a fgew years back someone posted the idea of a Prestige class that goes to 11. It would have 11 levels instead of the normal ten and perhaps have a bit of Spinal Tap in it.

As a more tongue-in-cheek rather than full-blown parody example, I once wrote a Beggar prestige class for a third-party Arabian sourcebook that never ended up seeing the light of day. Entry requirements of 5 ranks in Profession (begging), special abilities called Run away! and Grovel...

Not much in the way of prestige about it, but it was a nice nod to Al-Qadim, and a chance to lighten the tone a bit.

the Jester

Legend
I have the jester, which I homebrewed in 2e and converted to a prc in 3e. Also- well, I guess it depends on your sense of humor, but a lot of prcs out there can be hilarious (drunken master, frenzied berserker, gnome trickster, etc).

It's all in how you play it.

I wrote a pair of prestige classes for E.N. Armoury - Chainmail Bikinis. One was the bolojiutsu striptease -- you wear dozens of bolas as clothing, then pull them off sexily as you fight. The other was the nereid diva -- a pop-star swimsuit model class where your power was based on how pretty you are.

Remove ads