• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Class: The Mover (Telekinetic)

neceros

Adventurer
Hey everyone,

I've been watching some movies again and was inspired to make a class devoted to telekinesis. I've always always been a fan of tk, so it was fun to make what I have.

Please critique it as best you can. I want this to be balanced and not too powerful, though I don't think it is.

Class: The Mover

Wicht

Hero
I'll reiterate my point about using attacks of opportunities for Spell stop, and using if for Deflection would also work.

I also still lean towards the class being too overpowered and still don't like per encounter abilities but that second is personal preference (I realize).

I guess on further reflection, my main worry would be that this class will end up being a sort of one trick, cool move pony. I think you might consider coming up with a list of tricks one could do with telekinesis (push locks, aid jump, heavy lifting, etc.) and allow each player to customize their abilities as they level. I think you have the core of a good class here, one that with some refinement would make a decent psionic class.

neceros

Adventurer
I'll reiterate my point about using Attac of opportunities as the base mechanic for Spell stop, though using if for Deflection would also work.

I also still lean towards the class being too overpowered and still don't like per encounter abilities but that second personal preference (I realize). I guess on further reflection, my main worry would be that this class will end up being a sort of one trick, cool move pony. I think you might consider coming up with a list of tricks one could do with telekinesis (push locks, aid jump, heavy lifting, etc.) and allow each player to customize their abilities as they level. I think you have the core of a good class here, one that with some refinement would make a decent psionic class.

Thanks for replying again!

I've redone a bit of the class wording to try and reduce breakage. I concur that some of the abilities could be potentially havoc calling.

Tell me what you think now. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads