• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Necromancer archetype question

anime300

Explorer
In the write-up, it says the following for Create Minion:
"
Your minion may be any non-elite undead creature with a Challenge Rating lower than half your wizard level (round down)."

Reading it as raw, it seems to indicate that the undead must be a lower level than yours. It gives examples for 3rd and 7th level:

"
For example, at 3rd level, you can create a CR 1 minion such as a ghoul, and at 7th level you may create a CR 3 minion, such as a mummy."

But it doesn't give an example for an even-numbered level. For clarification, does this mean if I was a level 2 character, the undead would have to be lower than a CR1 undead (e.g. ½ or lower)? Not a CR 1 undead. Thanks!

xiphumor

Legend
In the write-up, it says the following for Create Minion:
"
Your minion may be any non-elite undead creature with a Challenge Rating lower than half your wizard level (round down)."

Reading it as raw, it seems to indicate that the undead must be a lower level than yours. It gives examples for 3rd and 7th level:

"
For example, at 3rd level, you can create a CR 1 minion such as a ghoul, and at 7th level you may create a CR 3 minion, such as a mummy."

But it doesn't give an example for an even-numbered level. For clarification, does this mean if I was a level 2 character, the undead would have to be lower than a CR1 undead (e.g. ½ or lower)? Not a CR 1 undead. Thanks!
Yeah, that is is weird wording, but I think it is intended to be equal or lower

Remove ads