• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E N00b

diaglo

Adventurer
i've yet to play, see, or even look at 5ed other than read threads in this forum at ENW. how do i convert it to other editions? aka what do i need from this edition that is new and different and will be great to add to my current campaign?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
i've yet to play, see, or even look at 5ed other than read threads in this forum at ENW. how do i convert it to other editions? aka what do i need from this edition that is new and different and will be great to add to my current campaign?

Knowing you're an old school OD&D guy with a ton of materials already, I'd say the best stuff you could swipe from 5e so far is some of the art. The art in the Monster Manual this time around is pretty stellar, and I suspect you could get some mileage from swiping some of it for your existing games. Same goes for some of the art in the Player's Handbook. There are some really unique images in there of player classes that we've never seen before and which are quite evocative.

As far as mechanics, probably nothing for your campaign. I mean, you might enjoy replacing some bonuses and penalties with the advantage and disadvantage mechanic maybe? But I think you already impose your own sort of bounded accuracy on your campaign, and already have a tight rein on magic items, so those aspects (while similar to your own) don't really add anything for you.

Last edited:

diaglo

Adventurer
so will the art work with Of Sound Mind Too that Claudio Pozas is doing? is there another artist i should hire to add?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads