• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Moving to Huntsville, AL

dave_o

Explorer
Hola. I've been around these forums for a while (though not exactly prolific) and after living in Southern California for a while (and loving it) me and my girl just can't handle the real estate costs. Hence, we're moving to Huntsville, AL for a few years as he parents live there.

I've done some research on my own and found a few decent lookin' RPG spots, but I was wondering if anyone from the boards lives in the area and can get me set up/informed as to the gaming scene? I plan on running a game but I can't really do that sans players.

It seems like there are two main shops, The Haven and The Deep, but I should be out there next week looking at places to live if someone in the area wants to hang out.

Thanks!

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Welcome to Alabama! Too bad I live four hours from y'all :) I hear Huntsville has some very good gaming, though, and you should not lack for players.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
I'm inactive as far as tabletop gaming goes right now, but I do know that you should at least drop in on a place called BookMark for possible gaming hookups. I don't know anything other than that however (i.e., how likely that is to work, etc.). My impression of The Deep is that it's more focused upon comic books, TCGs, and computer gaming, but I could easily merely be unaware that there are RPG gatherings there. I don't know anything about The Haven.

In addition, Con*Stellation is in October and Novacon is in November. So by the time you get settled out here, there should be two good venues for finding active local players. Good luck, and enjoy some Southern comfort! :)

Last edited:

Arravis

First Post
Hey dave_o, I'm in Huntsville... what kind of D&D group are you looking for? We're not looking for new players right now, but if our gaming styles mesh, it may be something that we'll consider. Drop me an email at: pab.garcia(at)gmail.com

dave_o

Explorer
Thanks for all the responses dudes. I actually grew up in Louisville, KY, but it's still some culture shock, definitely. :cool: But one can't really pass up moving from a house in the ghetto with no AC in 107+ temperatures to a huge, AC-rich house in a nice suburb.

And like big boom booms at Redstone Arsenal. :]

If I get to run the game I'm planning I'll definitely post a Story Hour, so, uh, everyone involved in helping me find a group will enjoy the fruits of their labor! I was pretty stoked to see that there are some cons around here, I mean, going from Comic-Con to nothing would have sucked.

Last edited:

dave_o

Explorer
Just an update -- we've found a very nice house in Madison and will be living here at the end of the month/beginning of September, so let's hope the gaming ensues! I'll have a lot of flying/riding time to work on my orc game.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
I run a game in Decatur, and a friend of mine runs one in Madison. We are always looking for players, so if think you'd be interested, drop me a line.

Remove ads