• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Mixing O5e and A5e

Nebulous

Legend
I'm prepping Call of the Netherdeep for Roll20. We won't play for a couple months yet, but I want to incorporate some of the A5e rules. Which ones can be most easily incorporated into a hybrid game on Roll20 without needing a dedicated character builder? What is most useful that would make O5e feel fresh again?

Anselm

Adventurer
There was a reddit thread way back during the Kickstarter that ended up getting into what people were going to import into their game:

I think the thing that is easiest to import is straight up the classes. You have to follow the bouncing ball a bit since they rely on all the other systems but marshal characters get maneuvers and everyone can use the expertise system. You could also just allow the subclasses which are fully compatible with O5E classes.

Replacing the o5e races with the heritage system is a great option.

Weapons and armor can just be imported and offer additional rules that can spice up combat. Doing the same with basic maneuvers can also help.

Edit: I realized you asked about using it on roll 20 without modifying anything. I don't know if anything off the top of my head that can do that for character options. The entire mm and the encounters/exploitation challenges from tnt would be contenders though idk how well either would fit into that campaign

Last edited:

Remove ads