• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Methods of Keeping Your Stuff

neceros

Adventurer
Hey folks,

I'm curious if anyone has ideas on ways to keep your gear while appearing, or actually being, naked. For instance, a spell that lets you put your stuff in another plane or demiplane until you retrieve them. Or an item, a feat, an ability, anything that will not be confiscated upon capture that would let one keep some or all of their gear.

My character idea revolves around being caught on purpose, then taking out the enemies from the inside. This would be easier if I could retrieve my gear while captured.

Thanks.

Jack Simth

First Post
Hey folks,

I'm curious if anyone has ideas on ways to keep your gear while appearing, or actually being, naked. For instance, a spell that lets you put your stuff in another plane or demiplane until you retrieve them. Or an item, a feat, an ability, anything that will not be confiscated upon capture that would let one keep some or all of their gear.

My character idea revolves around being caught on purpose, then taking out the enemies from the inside. This would be easier if I could retrieve my gear while captured.

Thanks.
Well...
1) Invisibility can be made permanent with respect to objects.
2) Secret Chest can do it... but requires you keep the focus with you (which could be confiscated)
3) A Glove of Storing will hide an item very effectively.

Hmm... maybe if you got a Glove of Storing and a Portable Hole, you could make the gloves Permanently Invisible, drop most your stuff in the portable hole, close the hole, and store the Portable Hole in the invisible Glove of Storing...

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Nystul's Magic Aura to make magical items seem non-magical. Glamer property on your armor to make it look like normal clothing. I think MIC has some sort of calling property for armor/weapons, either for some amount of money or as an augment crystal.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Ooh! How about using any long-duration transmutation/polymorph ability that causes all your equipment to meld into your new form and become non-functional? As long as you can dismiss it yourself (ie, you cast it on yourself) afterwards, just alter self into a human or something.

Gilladian

Adventurer
There's a spell (I think in the Spell Compendium) that allows you to turn an item into a normal-seeming (nonmagical) tattoo. That would give you at least a weapon, especially if your invisible (but still detectable) glove gets confiscated.

Starbuck_II

First Post
Hey folks,

Thanks.
Psionics to the rescue:
Nomad Psion with the PHB 2 idea of expanded class feature trade-

The Mind's Eye: Expanded Classes, Part Two

Personal Space
You have an extradimensional storage pocket available.
Level: 1st.
Replaces: The bonus feat at 1st level.
Benefit: You gain an extradimensional storage space within your body. You can access it as a psi-like ability by expending your psionic focus. You may send an item to it or retrieve an item as you wish. The size of the storage space grows with your own power. At 1st level it is equivalent to a belt pouch, at 5th level it equals a sack, at 10th level it is the size of a backpack, at 15th level it is the size of a chest, and at 20th level it is the size of a Medium creature.
You cannot store anything that has extradimensional properties, such as a bag of holding , within your personal space. Any attempt will fail.

Assuming you have a Wizard with secret chest prepared:
You hold focus in you and hand him focus after get past check point. He casts spell; you got stuff back.

Drawback, it would require a wizard and a Nomad Psion. Could be copied with UMD check and scroll of Secret chest I gues.

Just a thought.​

bigbaddragon

First Post
I've seen a spell (or power, I'm not sure) called something like "Snake Gullet" that lets you swallow some of your equipment. The weight of the equipment you can swallow is dependent on your caster level and can get quite ridiculous and the spell lasts an hour per caster level. If dispelled, the equipment pops out in the square next to you.

The spell may be in some of Eberron books or Races of Dragon. Maybe someone recognizes it?

Jack Simth

First Post
Ah, another one - if you're high enough level for it, Shades can duplicate Instant Summons, without the pesky material component. Shades itself has no material or focus components, so you can (in theory) Arcane Mark a Bag of Holding, Portable Hole, or some other storage device, cast Shades in lockup to make a shadow sapphire, crush it, and summon your stuff with an 80% success rate (96%, if you are prepared to try twice, 99.2% if you're prepared to try three times - 100% or better, with certain PrC's and feats).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads