• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mecha Crusade recruitment

garyh

First Post
Jarval said:
Not just yet, I'm afraid. We're still working out the details (and non-details such as if we've got two games or not :)), so not until after the weekend at the earliest.

No prob, just wanted to make sure everyone was still paying attention. :)

Mirth

Explorer
garyh said:
So, any comments on the Swarm, Mitchifer and Mirthcard?

Swarm looks mighty fine to me. Although, by my calculations, you've got 348bp left you could spend (on what, i don't know :) ).

15500 HT-82a "Hornet"
15485 BB-82b "Bumblebee"
15450 WP-82c "Wasp"
---------
46435 total BP
x .80
---------
37148 BP for SM-82d "Swarm"
-36,800 BP spent
---------
348 BP left

But you probably already knew this.

How does Bumblebee look to you? Am I at a significant disadvantage by not being able to fly? Should I switch out my chaingun for flight capability or leave it like it is?

garyh

First Post
Well, Mirthcard, the only thing we can afford for 348 BP is another Mk 7a Oracle, but we already have one for each ranged weapon. I suppose we could have one more as a back up, but I didn't see the need. :)

As for the Bumblebee, I think the combination of no flight and only doing 3d6 damage at range might be an issue vs. flying opponents.

On the flip side, if you've just got the two swords and a 30m (clumsy) fly speed (the best you could afford), you'll be getting left behind by flying mechs quite a bit.

It's probably for the best to stick with what you've got and leave the flying to us. I'll try to lure the enemy within range of your swords. :)

EDIT: I just realized all three Swarm pilots are from a Military occupation. Perhaps we're some sort of elite team who's trained together?

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Ok then, after some discussion in the chat room I have been convinced to take the role of the Earth DM-thingy-commander-whatever. I have the d20 Modern SRD and the Mecha Crusade article which I am currently reading. I like BattleTech but have never had the oppurtunity to play it (Own Mechwarrior 3 though :) ). Also I recently saw the Gundam Wing series, most of it anyway, and realised the similarities here (very kewl series) :D .

Though I have no online DMing experience do I have a chance for the role?

Edit: I'll be back in the chat room about 8 hours from when this post has been made.

Last edited:

(This is totally OT, i'll edit it out if you want me to later)

Jarval, there's a spot open in the Dawn Under Union of Darkness game if you want it, but you have to make your char pretty soon.

Jarval

Explorer
Festy_Dog said:
Ok then, after some discussion in the chat room I have been convinced to take the role of the Earth DM-thingy-commander-whatever. I have the d20 Modern SRD and the Mecha Crusade article which I am currently reading...

Though I have no online DMing experience do I have a chance for the role?

You've got the role! :) We'll sort out the details in chat, and I'll send CS your e-mail addy so we can get the details down.

Sollir Furryfoot said:
(This is totally OT, i'll edit it out if you want me to later)

Jarval, there's a spot open in the Dawn Under Union of Darkness game if you want it, but you have to make your char pretty soon.

Thanks Sollir, I'll go have a look-see :) No need to edit out, this is an OOC thread after all.

Remove ads