• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Martial Dailies - How so?

pemerton

Legend
Remathilis said:
Ah, my mistake. I was using traditional narrativism to mean "there is a plot with a beginning, middle and end, but which the details of are created during play" (most modules uses this as a matter of course: there is a backstory, a villain, a villainous plan, and usually some manner of resolution, but the details of getting from point A to point B are left to the players to devise).
Thanks for the reply - it makes it a bit clearer what you had in mind.

For me, one of the central features of narrativist play (in the Forge sense) is that the players can choose, during the course of play, what the point of the story is. I think a lot of traditional RPG modules don't support this sort of play, because they presuppose a certain NPC as the villain, and hence a certain set of related moral judgements on the part of the players. I prefer for the players to be able to decide who they judge to be the villain in the situation, and hence how the ingame situation should be morally interpreted.

Remove ads